What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this is fake news

Apparently Ben Ikin reported on FoxSports a few moments ago that Dragons have extended Mary's contract, without providing any further details.

I will die if this is true.

*disclaimer - I heard this second hand.

Straight Shooter

Johnny88

Juniors
I watched 360 tonight Paul Crawley said that the Dragons are having discussions with Mary for a new contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
Ben Ikin deserves a good kick in the nuts for saying such horrible things !

The Joint Venture should had waited until the Dragons were in the semi's , not week 12 of the competition . I most heartily agree that he has done wonders for the team this year, however - we have been in this position before . September or October would had been more prudent .

Objective View - don't go dying on your friends just yet , where the hell would we be without your sarcasm ?

Crush

Coach
Where there is smoke there is fire. Dragons will rightly re-sign McGregor. None of us beleived it would happen but then how could you forsee the incredible turn around of form. Mary has the players firing on all cylinders. And despite all of the criticism about player selection he has been pretty well spot on with his teams.
I still cannot beleive Lafai is playing the way he is! And KFFL was the right call last week.
Hats off Mary, here is to a big 2017 and beyond!

Life's Good

Coach
I would have preferred the club wait a little bit longer but if it's done, it's done.
OV, as usual comes across as a drama queen where there is 'no hope', 'house is crumbling', 'everyone else does it better' rhetoric yet can't offer an alternate coach, that is available.

thebigredv

First Grade
hmmm firstly, top 4? Last time I checked we were 5th so not really following.

Definitely hoping this rumour is rubbish. Not saying Dragons don't look like the real deal minus a half back, but it's early in the year, and we've lost some close ones of late, that the champion sides should be winning. Yes if Mary can get us a top 4 finish then I am more than happy, he'd deserve an extension, but we are so far from that at this point.

Ultimately the board is very conservative in its approach to hiring coaches.

Results this year have been excellent.

The team is settled and each player is playing for one another. Morale is high.

The team is fluid in attack.

We are scoring points and defending well. Very few mistakes.

As much as it pains me to say, Mary deserves some credit for the performance of the team.

Without being in the dressing room we cannot assess who is responsible for this massive change.

Would have preferred the Board wait till the end of the season before making a decision.

Crossing fingers they delay the decision for as long as they can.