What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Step 1: Get the team playing so badly that none of them are selected for Origin
Step 2: Get rid of the stand-off position entirely; make the fullback do the play-making and get an extra forward on the field
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Win the comp.

Griffin is a genius ahead of his time.

MrBlack

Juniors
The Lurker - for what his credibility is worth, posted this today

Fans were screaming for his head a month ago - now Anthony Griffin is close to signing a new deal with the Panthers.

Despite their poor start to the season, I can reveal that the Panthers have been holding secret talks with Griffin and expect to announce a new contract soon.

Griffin doesn’t come off contract until the end of next season but has the confidence of Panthers boss Phil Gould and Gus sees him as the man to take the club forward.

Back-to-back wins over the two worst teams in the comp - the Warriors and Knights - have given Griffin some bargaining power and the club is now back in the hunt for a finals spot - although they still have plenty of work to do.

The Panthers began the season as premiership favourites and the pressure of the tag clearly got to Griffin and his players.

The club lost seven of its first nine games before coming good against the Warriors and Knights - but even in those games, they struggled at times and were lucky to take the points.

OldPanther

Coach

Fans were screaming for his head a month ago - now Anthony Griffin is close to signing a new deal with the Panthers.

Despite their poor start to the season, I can reveal that the Panthers have been holding secret talks with Griffin and expect to announce a new contract soon.

Griffin doesn’t come off contract until the end of next season but has the confidence of Panthers boss Phil Gould and Gus sees him as the man to take the club forward.

Back-to-back wins over the two worst teams in the comp - the Warriors and Knights - have given Griffin some bargaining power and the club is now back in the hunt for a finals spot - although they still have plenty of work to do.

The Panthers began the season as premiership favourites and the pressure of the tag clearly got to Griffin and his players.

The club lost seven of its first nine games before coming good against the Warriors and Knights - but even in those games, they struggled at times and were lucky to take the points.

This makes me sad. There's no way playing 80 good minutes over two games against the bottom of the ladder should give you bargaining power.

It might be the lurker but it fits in with what Brian Fletcher said.

And it's absolutely laughable, it's why Gus must go too.

Munted

Bench
Thank God Gus has his footy/media career to prop him up and put food on the table.
To allow somebody to use two wins against two of the worst teams in the comp as bargaining power shows terrible leadership and a poor business mind.

What a fkn rort

OldPanther

Coach
Thank God Gus has his footy/media career to prop him up and put food on the table.
To allow somebody to use two wins against two of the worst teams in the comp as bargaining power shows terrible leadership and a poor business mind.

What a fkn rort

What do we have a CEO for? They shouldn't be blindly following Gus. I understand the need to have someone like him but the club needs to be able to override him if necessary.

What do we have a CEO for? They shouldn't be blindly following Gus. I understand the need to have someone like him but the club needs to be able to override him if necessary.

The club can override him, in fact his recommendations need the boards approval.

But it seems like gus says "jump" and the board says "which way & how far"

Munted

Bench
Poor leadership across the board.
Seriously, if this footy team was a business they would be in receivership.

mxlegend99

Referee
Theres no way the 2 wins have anything to do with his extension. They mentioned they were talking about it before the wins.

Gus is doubling down on his decision. Hes too stubborn to admit he was wrong and extending him is just a big f**k you to the fans.

At the moment its just a rumour. But it seems exactly like the stupid shit Gus would do. He signed Hook for form no better than we are in. Why not extend him? Winning isnt important.

tripster

Juniors
I don't understand how an extension makes sense at all having regard to his performance.

He is already contracted for 2018. If he was a player the only reason you'd decide to extend him beyond 2018 right now would be if he was a good player and you were worried he might get poached by another club. I can't imagine anyone is looking to poach Griffin from us.

Otherwise you'd wait to see how he finished the 2017 season and possibly do a deal then or even wait to see how he started the 2018 season

It makes no business sense to me for him to be resigned at the moment.

martielang

Bench
f**king hell, you seriously believe one of his main reasons is so he can say f**k you to the fans? Legit? Lol

f**king hell, you seriously believe one of his main reasons is so he can say f**k you to the fans? Legit? Lol

Not outwardly, no.

But Gus strikes me as a guy who doesn't cope with criticism well. He's more likely to enforce his reasoning by re-signing than admitting to a mistake by looking elsewhere.

Purely anecdotal for sure, but Gus is a reasonably well known quantity.

Latest posts