What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Valheru

Coach
Nick Kyrgios has led Australia to a massive Davis Cup quarter final win over the US winning both his rubbers against Querrey and Isner in straight sets. Jordan Thompson also had a massive 4 set win against Jack Sock to help the team get the chocolates. Our next tie is against Belgium in September and it will be played in Belgium (probably on clay) so a massive challenge there. If we win that we will be awarded a home tie in the final against either France or Serbia as we played away against both last time we played them.

It is such a pleasure to have Kyrgios, a great entertainer and a top 10 mainstay in the near future represent our country. He has had a drastic improvement in attitude since the Australian Open yet the haters are still going off on social media. It is a pleasure to watch.

Danish

Referee
Saw Kyrgios play at the US open last year. Unfortunately he picked up a niggle during the match which saw him struggle, and he retired hurt after going down 2 sets to 1 (including some very poor efforts in the last couple games of the 3rd set).

However seeing him live it was clear the kid has insane ability. He has an extremely unique weapon in his squash style forehands which unleash goddamned lightning bolts when viewed live, and now that his head appears better screwed on its great watching him play.

The tanking was not a good look, but he seems passed all that. He is definitely our best chance at an Aussie winning a slam in years.

I'm heading over to the french open in May for day 1, and hopefully will get to see him play there as well. I feel like his game could be developed quite well for clay given the amount of speed he can generate off a dead ball (with he forehand anyway)

coolsteve

Juniors
hopefully he has put all his stupid crap behind him and he goes well. as I said, all he has to do is stop carrying on like a pork chop and all australia will get behind him.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
You think he can win 5 of the next 15 majors?

Big call.
If he gets one, he does one of two things, goes the Novak route and dominates, or just loses motivation, he has the talent to go the Novak route, and as fed, Novak, Rafa, the Brit Git are all coming to the end of their careers, it leaves it open for him to take over. He will win the 2017 or 18 US Open, and that will kickstart.

Apey

Staff member
Nadal looking primed for the French Open... how will he disappoint me?

Apey

Staff member
I haven't heard anything about her yet Stosur is in round 4.

horrie hastings

First Grade
And.....in typical Stosur fashion...choked!

She was actually in good form for this tournament and the previous tournament before hand, she picked up a hand injury in the 4th round match she played and had to have a medical time out for treatment, she said she couldn't serve or hit her forehands without a great deal of pain so tried floating backhands which she said weren't ideal and she crashed out in the 4th round of the French, she mentioned her hand had been sore since an earlier doubles match but it flared up in the round 4 match when she lead 5-1 in the first set. The injury has her in doubt for Wimbledon which is like the Australian Open for her, a tournament she does choke in.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
She was actually in good form for this tournament and the previous tournament before hand, she picked up a hand injury in the 4th round match she played and had to have a medical time out for treatment, she said she couldn't serve or hit her forehands without a great deal of pain so tried floating backhands which she said weren't ideal and she crashed out in the 4th round of the French, she mentioned her hand had been sore since an earlier doubles match but it flared up in the round 4 match when she lead 5-1 in the first set. The injury has her in doubt for Wimbledon which is like the Australian Open for her, a tournament she does choke in.

Hope she plays at Wimbledon I've won a bucketload on her losing early!

Always remember Aranta Rus (Russian)...yeah you'd be asking "who"...she belted Stosur Round 1 at Wimbledon one year and I got $9-1! Lol

Apey

Staff member
Djokovic out in the QF. Thoroughly enjoying the absolute shit patch he is going through after watching my favourite Nadal go through it and my 2nd favourite Federer go through a lesser one, while Djokovic looked invincible.

Apey

Staff member
Makes that Aus Open loss hurt a little more for us Nadal fans though. Would be Fed 17 Nadal 16 right now. I think that it's 18 - 15 instead is a good indication of Fed being GOAT though.

Danish

Referee
Makes that Aus Open loss hurt a little more for us Nadal fans though. Would be Fed 17 Nadal 16 right now. I think that it's 18 - 15 instead is a good indication of Fed being GOAT though.

I'm hoping the draw for wimbledon allows for one last Federer vs Nadal final

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hope she plays at Wimbledon I've won a bucketload on her losing early!

Always remember Aranta Rus (Russian)...yeah you'd be asking "who"...she belted Stosur Round 1 at Wimbledon one year and I got $9-1! Lol

Scans have shown that Stosur had stress fractures in her hand, she has withdrawn from Eastbourne and is very unlikely to play Wimbledon.

LatK7

First Grade
I'm hoping the draw for wimbledon allows for one last Federer vs Nadal final

It would be a huuuge return to form for Nadal on grass. He's had awful results there from 2012 onwards. That said, he's had a fantastic year and if he can make it past the first week the slowing grass will turn in his favour.

I'm expecting to see a big server have a strong run at Wimbledon, Raonic or Cilic perhaps. Kyrgios as well. Murray should lift - he was good in the French despite playing busted. Dimitrov could be dangerous if he has his head right.

And of course there'd old man Fed. His last three years have been strong...solid SF performance last year despite a busted knee. Does he have another miracle in him?

Latest posts