What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

mongoose

Coach
I'd add Mark Lanegan, Mark Arm, J Mascis, Greg Dulli,, Maynard, Josh Homme and a few others.... (not focusing explicitly on grunge as such)

But Jesus, my generation of music has been decimated - so sad - in a strange way this is more shocking than Cobain... everything suggested he was in a good place - horrible, three young kids, just saw a clip of him singing with his daughter :(

Mike Patton, Perry Farrel, Anthony Kiedis... i guess you could throw in Marilyn Manson as well.

Very sad news. 89 is a good innings.

As a kid, Roger Moore was "my Bond".

And I love the theme songs for The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker and A View To A Kill (Duran Duran awesomeness).

I remember seeing Moonraker at the drive in and the space battle won me over. I think Octopussy was one of the first Betamax tapes dad got in 1984.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Is it fair to say he was both the best and worst bond?

Whoever says 'he's in a better place now' is a liar
IMG_20170523_233729.jpg

I always liked Roger Moore. I can't recall seeing a film with him in I didn't like. Sad news to hear he has passed away.

If you want a good read, get his autobiography My Word Is My Bond. One of the most entertaining books I have read in my life. Gives you a real sense of what he was like and his very good sense of humour.

OVP

Coach
Roger and Connery are my two favourite Bonds, easily. They had a bit of flippancy in their portrayal of the character which made it fun and entertaining. I find the modern Bonds are far too serious for my liking, they are boring.

RIP Roger.

RIP Roger Moore, Loved him in Bond and many other roles.
The Persuaders with Tony Curtis is worth a look at if anyone is interested.

Roger Moore films worth checking out:
The Wild Geese
North Sea Hijack aka Ffolkes
The Sea Wolves
Canonball Run - LOL!

Old School was Roger Moore. Hopefully up there with David Niven amongst others, have the party to end all parties.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Gregg Allman, founding member and vocalist of The Allman Brothers Band, died yesterday aged 69 possibly from complications due to liver cancer.

To be honest, I don't recall one single Allman Brothers Band song.

The only thing that I remember about him is that he was married to Cher at one time.

Latest posts