What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome, Tuimoala Lolohea

gordynz

Juniors
He is so naturally gifted and if Ivan can turn this club around he will benefit greatly from it. I get that he may not be putting his body on the line as much as you'd want him to, but how many of the Warriors are at the moment? I see f**k all effort in the majority of them and you have Johnson there's who's the biggest pussy in that team. Johnson is the most skilful player on the planet at times, but we never see him run the ball because he's scared. At least Tui runs the ball!

Tigerm

First Grade
I see f**k all effort in the majority of them and you have Johnson there's who's the biggest pussy in that team. Johnson is the most skilful player on the planet at times, but we never see him run the ball because he's scared.
I don't watch Johnson play at all, so I don't really know if your comments are true or not, but from what you say and the fact that he is the main target of the opposition, I would imagine he is a bit apprehensive about taking on the line if no one else is giving a f**k, but I don't think any player would make it to his level, if he was scared.

gordynz

Juniors
I don't watch Johnson play at all, so I don't really know if your comments are true or not, but from what you say and the fact that he is the main target of the opposition, I would imagine he is a bit apprehensive about taking on the line if no one else is giving a f**k, but I don't think any player would make it to his level, if he was scared.

Ever since Johnson broke his ankle he's been scared to run the ball and take on the line. Fair enough, for the first few games you'd be a bit shy, which is natural, but it's been two years now and he's still afraid to run the ball. You can offer up the odd excuse that his forwards aren't giving him any go forward but that's bollocks. He's got to this level on ability but imagine what he could be if he just damn run the ball.... It's very frustrating as we all know what a talent he is. He will never be as good as Benji ever was.

macnaz

Staff member
He has spark and footwork which we have lacked . Watching his youtube highlights he is going to be a very dangerous runner on kick returns and to be honest a big improvement on what Tedesco does in that dept . Tedesco's best comes from support play and playing in the line and adds very little in kick returns these days.

Billythekid

First Grade
Great signing IMO. Has a lot of talent and potential. It's a low risk signing as he's quite cheap as well. If it doesn't turn out he's a good depth player. If it does work out you have a young talented player with a long career ahead of him.

Have always liked him as a player. He has some flaws but his potential outweighs that IMO. I like him at fullback mainly, just needs to sort himself out under the high ball.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He is so naturally gifted and if Ivan can turn this club around he will benefit greatly from it. I get that he may not be putting his body on the line as much as you'd want him to, but how many of the Warriors are at the moment? I see f**k all effort in the majority of them and you have Johnson there's who's the biggest pussy in that team. Johnson is the most skilful player on the planet at times, but we never see him run the ball because he's scared. At least Tui runs the ball!

Tui is happy to put his body on the line when the try line is in sight or he's got the ball in hand. That same motivation leaves him when it comes to the less glamorous aspects of the game like defense or fullback clean up work.

It''s all about Tui putting as much effort and will power into the dirty work as he does into the glamour work (a common trait in a lot of Warriors juniors). The physical side of things will not be an issue. It's all mental for Tui, and fortunately Cleary is very good at that, after all he's one of the few coaches to get consistent output from bloody Mateo of all people.

Your assessment of SJ is also quite far off the mark.

gordynz

Juniors
Tui is happy to put his body on the line when the try line is in sight or he's got the ball in hand. That same motivation leaves him when it comes to the less glamorous aspects of the game like defense or fullback clean up work.

It''s all about Tui putting as much effort and will power into the dirty work as he does into the glamour work (a common trait in a lot of Warriors juniors). The physical side of things will not be an issue. It's all mental for Tui, and fortunately Cleary is very good at that, after all he's one of the few coaches to get consistent output from bloody Mateo of all people.

Your assessment of SJ is also quite far off the mark.

I agree with all of that. But you can't sit there and tell me Johnson is not afraid to run the ball.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I agree with all of that. But you can't sit there and tell me Johnson is not afraid to run the ball.

Of course I can, unless you believe he's been afraid all his career, in which case fair enough.

He's never been the guy who plays tough and forces his way through a half gap. I don't know if it's a result of his time playing touch but he seems to need a gaping hole in front of him to take the line on.

He may not run as much as everyone would like, but I think it's more from recognising the opportunity than it is outright fear.

not having foxtel I don't know too much about him aside from what I just watched on youtube. A couple of long range chases would suggest he doesn't give up easy which is good. He doesn't seem to have blinding speed off the mark but does have a good habit of making the first tackler miss.

If he's going to be our fullback next year why not start him at fullback immediately? Tedesco could play 5/8 for the rest of the season and Tui could start learning the position a bit better (especially defensively) and start working on a combination with Brooks.

It's not like we're going to fire a shot this year. Best to start doing things now for 2018.

Anyway, welcome to the Tigers Tui

If Tui is playing 5/8 and misses anything less than 8 tackles per game it will be a bonus compared to that joker that filled the position previously before exiting to Parra.

innsaneink

Referee
We need many many new players that arent scarred from the dogs that have inhabited concord for many years but thankfully we'll soon be rid of.
I wish him well

super_coach

First Grade
I have a good feeling about this signing,dont know why, just think he might turn out to be a very good buy. Not expecting a great deal this year our team is basically busted, a couple of players who really don't want to be there, a couple of players who probably know they will not be getting a new contract all adds up to a team struggling to get anywhere near top gear.

Anyway next year should be different, new faces, new energy and a new focus although teamwork will take time

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't wait for next season. This season with the merkins that we've got acting like themselves - i.e. merkins just pisses me off.

Clifferd

Coach
So will he be named tomorrow or is the signing still not official?

Still not official. I think if he's to be named this weekend it needs to be announced today so I think we'll see it

There's been photos of him on Instagram wearing tigers training gear that got asked to get taken down by officials I assume because it hasn't been announced yet

Clifferd

Coach
He's not but they definitely do, it's their job

Alex twal is an u20s player and they announced him

Radical Rat

Juniors
I actually like the idea of playing him at fullback immediately.

This seasons done anyway and I'd like to start developing him immediately. Teddy can play 5/8, get his hands on the ball.

We don't owe Teddy shit anyway so I no benefit of keeping him at fullback.

Latest posts