What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Points to ponder

Frenzy.

Immortal
Feki. He's a very old fashioned style of winger. Still seems to go with the old winger's axiom of gettimg down low ro score. He's missed a few tries now from not getting airborne like most wingers do. Needs to work on his finishes.

Brailey: Makes few errors bit they are nearly all the same. His drops consistently are when he is preparimg to go to DH and someone manages to pop the ball out. He has to increase his awareness around that.

Lewis, Gallen & Heighington. Like fine wine. Playing as good or better than I can remember. So street smart. Heard Gallen credit Andrew Gray for this. That merkin must be a genius. Another Dragons fekk up in releasing him.

Capewell: Goes good generally but looked a little uncomfortable and panicky being charged with playing Wadeos role. Needs more game time but not sure how that happens.

Latimore: will follow the same path as Prior. Improves weekly and is one hard charn't. Hard to get to ground, moves through after contact consistently and can hit.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
All very valid. Not sure how old Latimore is, but I'd be locking him down for 3 years if he's under 30. Very solid player.

Feki. He's a very old fashioned style of winger. Still seems to go with the old winger's axiom of gettimg down low ro score. He's missed a few tries now from not getting airborne like most wingers do. Needs to work on his finishes.

Brailey: Makes few errors bit they are nearly all the same. His drops consistently are when he is preparimg to go to DH and someone manages to pop the ball out. He has to increase his awareness around that.

Lewis, Gallen & Heighington. Like fine wine. Playing as good or better than I can remember. So street smart. Heard Gallen credit Andrew Gray for this. That merkin must be a genius. Another Dragons fekk up in releasing him.

Capewell: Goes good generally but looked a little uncomfortable and panicky being charged with playing Wadeos role. Needs more game time but not sure how that happens.

Latimore: will follow the same path as Prior. Improves weekly and is one hard charn't. Hard to get to ground, moves through after contact consistently and can hit.

Yep all valid points.

Just on Feki I don't think he has ever fully recovered from that GF injury.

Capewell for me has regressed this year after a very promising season last year.

I agree that he probably needs more regular stints on the field.

Will be interesting to see if they offer Latimore another contract. Hope we do.

Weaponhead

Coach
Fekis limitations are coming to the fore. Handling very iffy. Has no real footwork just power. Good metre eater. He had plenty of space to work in and didn't score. Upgradeable in my opinion.

Brailey has made that same error a few times. Concentration. But he is going very well overall.

Gallen and Lewis are immense. So smart and read the play. Gallen was used well. Still elite.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I think Beale stood up today, some really good hit ups and then the try, we could do worse then him for centre next year
He was solid - I agree in a night which was pretty ordinary.
Gallen, Brailey and Chad held it together, how gallen got out of the ingoal I have no idea

I watched Capes closely tonight. he was outstanding. Came out & jsut played 80 no worries. Got better as the game went on & far kme he throws some moves on the line. Loots was just not ready for what Capes had on offer. & to think he can do that on either fringe. What a player

The other thing is the invisible man. Just what does he do? seriously. not bad, just not there.

snout

First Grade

Gal and Lewie.
f**k its like the Stones.
No stopping them.

2 plays. 2 runs from Gal.
Changes the whole game.

First to get the ball out from ingoal so rather than dropout we are scoring 2 plays later.
Second to break thru tackles to get to 10 out so Chad can pot the winner.

Absloute champion and probably one guy in the modern game who could do it.

If that was cam smith channel 9 would build a statue.

snout

First Grade
And credit where it's due......

When we lose players to SOO we obviously need others to step up.

I don't rate Beale as a consistent enough player to be in NRL but he stepped up last night. Game on the line he steps his opponent and races 75 for the matchwinner.

Furthest he's ever run in a Sharks jumper.

That's stepping up. Hopefully it gives the guy confidence to take the line on more rather his little stop and props at the line.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes it has. He needs to be scapegoated though to deflect from deficiencies elsewhere.

Well we needed a star player to take the game by the scruff last night & the only 4 stars on the field, Coif, Lewie, Gal & Bealesy , did.