What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13 Reasons Why

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I binged watched this over a few days. Me and the mrs were quite captivated by it. Was probably one of the most depressing tv shows I have seen though.

As others have pointed out, the ending left a few questions unanswered. Throughout a lot of the series i kind of felt that a columbine style shooting would happen at the end, thought stalker kid was actually going to do it. So with a season 2 on the cards is it going to be a continuation of the Hannah baker story?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Binged on this in one night. Felt like there wasn't enough of a message that you confront someone who has offended you or talk about it openly rather than getting back at them by committing suicide and then blaming them directly.

Really awkward subject to broach

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Binged on this in one night. Felt like there wasn't enough of a message that you confront someone who has offended you or talk about it openly rather than getting back at them by committing suicide and then blaming them directly.

Really awkward subject to broach

There wouldn't be subject matter for this tv show if Hannah confronted everyone and didn't kill herself.

jargan83

Coach
Finished the series last night and whilst a couple of the tapes are pretty serious, a lot of them seemed petty. I spent half a dozen or so episodes waiting for Clay's tape and it was a bit of a let down.

I was not expecting them to actually show the deed get committed, talk about some uncomfortable viewing!

I assume stalker kid is going on a rampage in series 2 given the photos that were left hanging at the end of the final episode and he had been seen hiding guns and ammo.

thorson1987

Coach
Finished the series last night and whilst a couple of the tapes are pretty serious, a lot of them seemed petty. I spent half a dozen or so episodes waiting for Clay's tape and it was a bit of a let down.

I was not expecting them to actually show the deed get committed, talk about some uncomfortable viewing!

I assume stalker kid is going on a rampage in series 2 given the photos that were left hanging at the end of the final episode and he had been seen hiding guns and ammo.

I found the rape scene in the hot tub a bit more uncomfortable to watch the the wrist slitting scene.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just finished watching it...

Thought the entire thing although captivating was just absolutely terrible for so many reasons.

Not just the content it is built on but there was many things I didn't like, both in regards to production and the storyline itself.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Just finished season 2. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet however...

That scene with Tyler in the bathroom with the jocks bashing him and raping him with the broomstick is confronting as f**k. Followed by the "almost colombine style massacre" God help any kids watching that. It's like they had to outdo the bathtub scene from S1

Game_Breaker

Coach
Terrible second season for the most part
All the characters were just annoying tbh. Court case was just a waste of time and the narrations of the witnesses felt too preachy

The scene where all the females stating the sexual assault experiences feels like an add on because of metoo

and what a lesson can you take when a psycho is coming to shoot your school? Hey, just confront him and talk him out it, instead of alerting everyone and getting the f**k out

and the broom sodomising scene was a bit much, are these high school kids or high security prison inmates?

First season was at least entertaining and had a simple message and theme.

Exsilium

First Grade
Terrible second season for the most part
All the characters were just annoying tbh. Court case was just a waste of time and the narrations of the witnesses felt too preachy

The scene where all the females stating the sexual assault experiences feels like an add on because of metoo

and what a lesson can you take when a psycho is coming to shoot your school? Hey, just confront him and talk him out it, instead of alerting everyone and getting the f**k out

and the broom sodomising scene was a bit much, are these high school kids or high security prison inmates?

First season was at least entertaining and had a simple message and theme.

Didn’t really get into season two.

The sodomy scene was a bit much but from what I’ve been reading online, it doesn’t appear to be all that uncommon.

Apparently season three will be all around Tyler and his recovery.

Latest posts