What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final day!

yakstorm

First Grade
Limouxin won 24 - 22. FCL had their chances to send the game into extra time but missed a penalty goal in the final minute of the game.

Link to the video:

Coastbloke

Bench
Despite the words and promises from the French Federation, their competition is still amatuer hour until they can get full TV coverage for their GF and sell it overseas. This is the stuff Fox League could show instead of 360 every couple of hours.

I know the difficulties the game there has with yawnion interference, but France is a big country in terms of people and economy. Surely. Surely there has to be sympathisers to the game that have money to spend and are keen to sponsor. The game there can no longer blame WW2 for their woes.

langpark

First Grade
Despite the words and promises from the French Federation, their competition is still amatuer hour until they can get full TV coverage for their GF and sell it overseas. This is the stuff Fox League could show instead of 360 every couple of hours.
I don't believe the 'supply' is the problem, I believe it's the demand. I think the poor FFRXIII would literally get laughed at by any Australian channel if they even dared to suggest providing coverage to them.

Coastbloke

Bench
I agree LP, Fox League really would be that insular. I'm seeing the occasional 5 min 'wrap' on some RL shows, but as far as overseas coverage goes, that's pretty much it.. It's almost as if the Australian RL media doesn't the regular punter to realise the game is played elsewhere.

Coastbloke

Bench
:sweat_smile: Yeh, I thought twice about posting it, but in all truth despite the shitty things the Vichy did to FRL in WW2, 10-15 years after the war France was coming to Australia and beating us in front of 60,000..

I really don't know how it went all downhill again in the 70s onward. I just wish there was someone. Anyone in FRL that would stop issuing press releases and get out of the office and SELL the game. Even if they have to use footage of NRL and ESL big games and say THIS is what we can do but we need money and sponsorship. I dunno lol...

adamkungl

Immortal
There was quite recent talk about aiming for professionalism funded by television contracts

jim_57

Staff member
The French could really do with an annual "event". A game and a day that can really get people together from all RL areas of France and even England as well.

Two options that stand out to me:
  • Bastille Day test V England.
  • French 'Magic Weekend' with Catalans, Toulouse and Elite 1 triple header.