What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld changes for game 2

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Try reading the article that you posted princess

He's talking about the old players in the wake of Hodges decision to retire. He's talking about loyalty to players until they're too old to play on. Yes, if they don't put their hand up and do the right thing then they will make tough decisions.

LOL the article is mainly about the Kangaroos loss to the Kiwis in the ANZAC Test just prior and Meninga's faith that the QLD players involved in that loss will lift for Origin, but don't let that get in the way. Retirement is barely even mentioned in comparison to ANZAC test.

But it doesn't really explain DCE or Oates now does it
DCE is a no brainer - he hasn't performed to expectations at Origin level. Oates is a head scratcher as I've posted here and even acknowledged in terms of inconsistent selections from QLD over the years

I dunno why you are trying to defend Big Mal on this one.
It's not about defending Mal - again I'm pointing out that this loyalty crap is pushed more by the media (and swallowed up by fans like you) than anyone else.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
so they shouldn't have bothered using the word at all...

round and round we go.

Huh? What's the point of using a word if it can't be clarified or placed in context and is left up to anyone's interpretation?

It really makes me laugh how worked up you Blues fans get about this loyalty stuff.

myrrh ken

First Grade
LOL the article is mainly about the Kangaroos loss to the Kiwis in the ANZAC Test just prior and Meninga's faith that the QLD players involved in that loss will lift for Origin, but don't let that get in the way. Retirement is barely even mentioned in comparison to ANZAC test.

DCE is a no brainer - he hasn't performed to expectations at Origin level. Oates is a head scratcher as I've posted here and even acknowledged in terms of inconsistent selections from QLD over the years

It's not about defending Mal - again I'm pointing out that this loyalty crap is pushed more by the media (and swallowed up by fans like you) than anyone else.

haha - go back to comprension school mate. The second paragraph mentions the Anzac test and that's it.

Anyway, your original point was that the Qld loyalty thing was created by the media.

Now you've revised the claim down to suggest its "pushed more" by the media.

I coudn't give 2 fargs, just wanted to point out you are wrong.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
haha - go back to comprension school mate. The second paragraph mentions the Anzac test and that's it.
This is the START of the article:

Australia's Test failure against New Zealand will not spook Queensland coach Mal Meninga into making wholesale changes to his State of Origin squad.

Multiple Maroons mainstays were part of the Kangaroos side that fell to the Kiwis 26-12 in last Sunday's Anzac Test in Brisbane but while regeneration is on the cards for the national team, Meninga has vowed to stick with the tried and true.

Meninga said there would be "no surprises" when he names his squad for Origin I in Sydney.

"I've got no reason and I don't think the selectors have got any reason to doubt the players we've got at the moment," Meninga said.

"They had a bit of a hiccup on the weekend and everyone's jumped on the bandwagon about that.

"You're allowed to have some sort of hiccup every now and again.

"You look at all the players, particularly in the Queensland system, they're all playing really well for their clubs.

"For me, we'll remain loyal as long as the players remain loyal to us and want to put in for the Queensland jersey and do the right thing."

Meninga does not see this year as a "transition" period for the Maroons following the end of their eight-year Origin dynasty at the hands of New South Wales.
- retirement is not even uttered until this point...

Anyway, your original point was that the Qld loyalty thing was created by the media.
Now you've revised the claim down to suggest its "pushed more" by the media.

I coudn't give 2 fargs, just wanted to point out you are wrong.

"you'll find nary a mention of unconditional loyalty from Meninga, Walters or anyone else in the QLD camp over the years."

And I'm the one who needs to go back to "comprehension school"? - whatever on earth that is.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears...

myrrh ken

First Grade
Thanks for cutting and pasting mate. So you agree that the 2nd paragraph is about it.

You bang on about your "unconditional loyalty" strawman. But when has the media used that term?

Anyway, last word wins. Your turn.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
This is the START of the article:

Australia's Test failure against New Zealand will not spook Queensland coach Mal Meninga into making wholesale changes to his State of Origin squad.

Multiple Maroons mainstays were part of the Kangaroos side that fell to the Kiwis 26-12 in last Sunday's Anzac Test in Brisbane but while regeneration is on the cards for the national team, Meninga has vowed to stick with the tried and true.

Meninga said there would be "no surprises" when he names his squad for Origin I in Sydney.

"I've got no reason and I don't think the selectors have got any reason to doubt the players we've got at the moment," Meninga said.

"They had a bit of a hiccup on the weekend and everyone's jumped on the bandwagon about that.

"You're allowed to have some sort of hiccup every now and again.

"You look at all the players, particularly in the Queensland system, they're all playing really well for their clubs.

"For me, we'll remain loyal as long as the players remain loyal to us and want to put in for the Queensland jersey and do the right thing."

Meninga does not see this year as a "transition" period for the Maroons following the end of their eight-year Origin dynasty at the hands of New South Wales.
- retirement is not even uttered until this point...

"you'll find nary a mention of unconditional loyalty from Meninga, Walters or anyone else in the QLD camp over the years."

And I'm the one who needs to go back to "comprehension school"? - whatever on earth that is.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears...

the only one using the word unconditional in any text is you.

there is no additional verbs attached to the word loyalty in any of meninga miles or other quotes.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
the only one using the word unconditional in any text is you.

there is no additional verbs attached to the word loyalty in any of meninga miles or other quotes.

You're right there.

It probably is too much to expect most Blues fans to understand that putting conditions on loyalty makes it not-unconditional.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Loyalty is the reason QLD lost Game 1. Stupid selections. The mantra they have sold to everyone the past decade bit them on the arse. They couldn't back out of it and make the changes they needed to make UNTIL they lost.
Stupidity would be sticking with the same players after game 1 - as most Blues fans expected. And subsequently lost their shit when it didn't happen...

OldPanther

Coach
Stupidity would be sticking with the same players after game 1 - as most Blues fans expected. And subsequently lost their shit when it didn't happen...

I lost my shit game 1 when they didn't pick Slater. Best fullback in the game who's done it for you a hundred times.

Spot On

Coach

Most of us couldn't believe how stupid the QLD selections were.

NSW were favourites with the bookies for christ sake. Favourites to win game 1 IN QLD. Unheard of.

Everyone knew they f**ked up BEFORE the game kicked off and everyone knew changes would be made after the thrashing, except for the brainwashed QLD faithful.

wittyfan

Referee
These 4 will made it 1-all!!!

DCMosaTVYAAgvfu.jpg

Pedge1971

First Grade
Not a great surprise. Walters just needed to get clearance from Boyds daddy.

Dad approves on the basis that if little Darius f**ks up and Qld loses he can steal Kevvies job next year and continue the fine tradition of only picking Broncos, New South Welshmen and Kiwis for Qld...

_Johnsy

Referee
Great stuff. Just what QLD needed.

You watch the crying when someone dares point out that the NSW press are scum.

I'd dare say it's the actual "journo" who penned the article & the sports editor who decided to run with it that the moniker of scum would fit 100%.

Obviously both are complete scumbags, par for the course if their from Terrorgraph or Courier Fail.