What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather Vs McGregor

Jono078

Referee
It's official!

Boxing ring and rules (12 rounds)
154 pounds
10 ounce gloves

No matter your thoughts on this fight, it's going to be one of the biggest spectacles of the decade.

I also think McGregor can win it. Discuss.

shiznit

Coach
Lmfao.... go into the MMA thread and you'll see I've always been a big fan of Conor.

From very early in his UFC run.

But he's got no f**king chance vs Floyd.

He has a punchers chance... but against the greatest defensive fighter of our generation in Floyd a punchers chance is practically no chance.

I'm certainly not paying for it... the best part of the whole fight will be the build up and the press conferences etc...

And all that will be free...

Jono078

Referee
Lmfao.... go into the MMA thread and you'll see I've always been a big fan of Conor.

From very early in his UFC run.

But he's got no f**king chance vs Floyd.

He has a punchers chance... but against the greatest defensive fighter of our generation in Floyd a punchers chance is practically no chance.

I'm certainly not paying for it... the best part of the whole fight will be the build up and the press conferences etc...

And all that will be free...
This is what I love. This is how the majority is thinking. But Connor is the bigger guy, has the bigger reach, is a very smart fighter in his own right and Floyd will be 40 years old.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Conor gets a KO in the opening rounds.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Can't hit what you can't see, and mayweather is probably one of the best ever in that regard.

Even at 40 he is still going to be a lot faster, his hand speed compared to Conor isn't even close, the only thing Conor has over him is power, but so have a few other fighters Floyd has fought over the years.

It will be a good spectacle but there is a reason floyd is the best boxer of this generation.

Haffa

Mayweather is going to destroy him. I love Conor but PBF is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Conor can land the left but he's going to need to land it early, because he will be gassed if it makes the 8th. Floyd is 40 and McGregor has a left hand that is seriously the only path to victory Conor has. The problem is literally EVERYBODY Floyd has beat had something comparable to that and MORE and all got embarrassed.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
It is possible for McGregor but in the same vein it's possible for every fighter that had a shot against PBF - you'd have to hope he makes an error and you'd have to take full advantage of that.

People talk about Floyd like he can't actually box and can only defend - he's knocked out 26 people in 49 career fights. If McGregor leads with the chin, he's out before it begins.

Some of the people Mayweather has beaten:

Oscar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Shane Mosley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Miguel Cotto
Saul Alvarez
Manny Pacquiao

All of whom are better boxers than McGregor.

shiznit

Coach
This is what I love. This is how the majority is thinking. But Connor is the bigger guy, has the bigger reach, is a very smart fighter in his own right and Floyd will be 40 years old.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Conor gets a KO in the opening rounds.

Canelo was the bigger guy... He also has heaps of power...

He came in with over 25 boxing fights...

He did absolutely nothing...

shiznit

Coach
It is possible for McGregor but in the same vein it's possible for every fighter that had a shot against PBF - you'd have to hope he makes an error and you'd have to take full advantage of that.

People talk about Floyd like he can't actually box and can only defend - he's knocked out 26 people in 49 career fights. If McGregor leads with the chin, he's out before it begins.

Some of the people Mayweather has beaten:

Oscar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Shane Mosley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Miguel Cotto
Saul Alvarez
Manny Pacquiao

All of whom are better boxers than McGregor.

Hmm... you talk up Floyds ability to KO people...

And you put up a list where he stopped only Hatton.

It's highly unlikely Floyd will KO Conor. Conor's chin has been tested with 4 ounce gloves...

Floyd ain't going to hurt him with 10 ounce ones...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gonna be Mayweather v Manny all over again.

It's gonna be massive hype, all the clubs are gonna be full - and it just be the same tap & run routine.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Hmm... you talk up Floyds ability to KO people...

And you put up a list where he stopped only Hatton.

It's highly unlikely Floyd will KO Conor. Conor's chin has been tested with 4 ounce gloves...

Floyd ain't going to hurt him with 10 ounce ones...

Hang on, I said he had knocked out 26 of 49 people, indicating he isn't some pussy that just dodges punches and wins every fight on split decision jabs. he's not a blood and guts fighter either, but he can hit and can ko.

I then listed people he's beaten, all of which are better boxers than McGregor.

I didn't link the two.

I don't think Floyd will KO him either, but if Conor leaves himself open, Floyd has the ability to do so.

Snoochies

First Grade
At the end of the day, Connor can earn upto $50+ million dollars. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this. Heck if he at least puts in a decent showing he'll get some respect for his ability.
People will buy the fight hoping for that punchers chance, anything is possible, not likely but possible. A lot of people are playing the lotto tonight, they have a chance but not likely.

Jono078

Referee
It's why I think this is so exciting. Conor brings a unique style and with nothing to lose, im positive he will hunt for the KO and this won't be a bore fest like the Pacquiao fight.

Collateral

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if Connor does something crazy to try and get in Mayweathers head, like busting out a double leg. Frankly, he will need every bit of help he can get, because he is not going to get into many exchanges based on Floyds style, experience and skillset.

One thing MMA fans should take into account though, is that this is being fought under boxing rules....because if Floyd stepped into the cage; he's not making out of the first round.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
People think McGregor just talks unbelievable shit to play mindgames on his opponents and create hype which is partly true, but I honestly believe that when he says he will win he himself does believe it.

Personally I don't think he has one iota, still pumped as hell to see him try though.

Interesting I saw a clip today of Conor sparring with Chris Van Heerden (former IBO champ) I'm not sure how much it was edited etc but it was prettty underwhelming if you are a Conor fan.. still had his MMA stance and Chris was tagging him pretty easy

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It's why I think this is so exciting. Conor brings a unique style and with nothing to lose, im positive he will hunt for the KO and this won't be a bore fest like the Pacquiao fight.

Pac hunted for the KO too bro, hard to hit what you can't catch

shiznit

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if Connor does something crazy to try and get in Mayweathers head, like busting out a double leg. Frankly, he will need every bit of help he can get, because he is not going to get into many exchanges based on Floyds style, experience and skillset.

One thing MMA fans should take into account though, is that this is being fought under boxing rules....because if Floyd stepped into the cage; he's not making out of the first round.
if they were in the octagon it wouldn't last very long.

He would take him down and strangle him within 2mins.

I'd actually be interested to see how the fight would go in the ring but kickboxing...

Let Conor use his kicks... Conor would leg kick the shit out of him... which would open it RIGHT up IMO...

shiznit

Coach
Floyd to knock him out in about the 6th
The last time Floyd knocked out anybody without sucker punching them Bill Clinton was in the Whitehouse.

I'm pretty sure Conor isn't in danger of getting knocked out.

He could still get stopped though... Floyd could cut him up badly.

mozza91

Coach
Mayweather in a ridiculously one sided UD. Connor is a powerful athlete and decent boxer. Floyd is another animal totally. It'll get embarassing for Connor.

Sugar Shane had a punchers chance against Mayweather, Connor will land nothing, but will earn more money than he ever dreamed of and not take too much punishment. Pretty good deal for him.

Latest posts