What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL scores 'n' stuff 2017

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
Jacksonville 18-20 Tampa
Philadelphia 34-46 NOVA

Definitely a shift in the comp this year.

There definitely seems to be. In reality we were dire in victory today; absolutely shocking first half and although some good character shown in the second to take the game a vast improvement is needed. Jacksonville looked as bad as I've seen them tbh in the three years I've been involved

deluded pom?

Coach
There definitely seems to be. In reality we were dire in victory today; absolutely shocking first half and although some good character shown in the second to take the game a vast improvement is needed. Jacksonville looked as bad as I've seen them tbh in the three years I've been involved
Do Jax still get a decent attendance?

deluded pom?

Coach
Looks like White Plains are the team to beat in the North with Boston battling to avoid the spoon although RIR look favourites for that honour.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
Do Jax still get a decent attendance?

Their crowds have really come down it would appear. Haven't seen anything official but my sources on the ground tell me there was 125-150 there yesterday. Thing is they aren't playing in the stadium anymore which will put a few off but compared to what it was costing it's a necessity. Still probably the best supported club in the usarl and the bench mark for the rest of us

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
Our first attendance was 70. Ours have actually decreased since 2015 but last year was an absolute shocker. After 2016 I'm happy with 70 haha should improve as the season goes on

Rugger

Juniors
I would like to see attendance numbers for games through out the season.

In the North, a handful to no actual crowds (outside of friends and family of players); less than 50 people. I believe Philly draws the biggest crowd in the North. The South as stated above have greater attendance to their games, but nothing spectacular.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
In the North, a handful to no actual crowds (outside of friends and family of players); less than 50 people. I believe Philly draws the biggest crowd in the North. The South as stated above have greater attendance to their games, but nothing spectacular.

tbf didn't look many in the pictures posted the other day. Wouldn't like to guess but if it got anywhere near 100 i'd be astonished. Fans are important but it isn't the be all and end all. One of our main focus' but we won't live or die based on crowd numbers.

Now there's forfeits going on.

Wasn't the USARL taking over to prevent these things? Things really seem to be going backwards in many cases. Certainly not going forwards despite it being a World Cup year and the first season after being handed the 2025 WC.

deluded pom?

Coach

Wasn't the USARL taking over to prevent these things? Things really seem to be going backwards in many cases. Certainly not going forwards despite it being a World Cup year and the first season after being handed the 2025 WC.
Disappointing to see the 2015 Premiers forfeiting matches, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors

That's a sad day indeed. I understood losing the two clubs this year, but any club committing to the season should ensure they complete their fixtures. Sad day indeed

Golden point

Juniors
The USARL seemed to be in far better shape before they were put in charge of the international team...could it be a strain on a domestic competitions resources? Is this why the AMNRL struggled ? Maybe teams that are awarded a spotin the world Cup should be given an allowance to fund a separate committee to organize the national team? Are other nations struggling to cope domestically in the run up to the world Cup? I hope these possible issue have already been addressed?

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
The USARL seemed to be in far better shape before they were put in charge of the international team...could it be a strain on a domestic competitions resources? Is this why the AMNRL struggled ? Maybe teams that are awarded a spotin the world Cup should be given an allowance to fund a separate committee to organize the national team? Are other nations struggling to cope domestically in the run up to the world Cup? I hope these possible issue have already been addressed?

It's honestly nothing to do with that. Expectations have risen. Certain teams have risen the bar and others have struggled to go with them. The usarl itself is no different to this time four years ago, just the bar of competency has risen. I believe those in charge are doing what they can, it's a case of lack of man power, lack of funding. You can't utilise what you don't have.

Secondly look how many games the usa has played in recent seasons, look how many domestic players are being given an opportunity in these games. These fixtures cost a serious amount of money to run. The bill for north v south which we ran last October cost nearly ten grand

LESStar58

Referee
I'll be in Atlanta in September. The season won't be on but I'm tentatively scheduled to have a catch up with the current Rhinos and Hawks captain.

Why should Steve Mascord have all the fun?

Latest posts