What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ferguson and dugan

isaiah

Bench
if nsw were to make any changes, these would be the two to go on their game one performances. Story in the DT on Thursday by Mitch renner (who?) talked about how Boyd could be exposed on their side. Lol. This is the side where we win the game. Dugan and fergo's arrogance just epitomises nsw culture.

big hit!

Bench
bMoz shouldn't be there. game win 1 really did NSW no favours in term of team selections. but the forward pack looks so dominant that it probably won't matter.

Media need to quit the 'pairing in the centres' phrase, because this shit hasn't happened since the 90s.

here are the starting edges i extrapolated in the game thread

cronk - gillett - (slater) - chambers - gagai VS maloney - cordner - (tedesco) - hayne - bMoz
thurston - cooper - (slater) - boyd - holmes VS pearce - jackson/frizell - (tedesco) - dugan - ferguson

graham will come onto the left and cordner will shift onto the right as the match progresses for NSW. not sure what QLD will do. It will be interesting to see how they use Hess. Maybe on the right to run at Maloney? Really doesn't matter because he'll be handful on the other side for Pearce too.

pick who wins those edge battles if you can.

Spot On

Coach
If Mansour and Tom T had have been fit I would hope they'd have been picked in the starting side for Game 1.

Our pack is very, very good atm and should be for quite a while with good depth in most positions. If they continue to perform they should all have long origin careers with few changes among them.

Our backs will have a fair turnover the next couple of series.

King hit

Coach
if nsw were to make any changes, these would be the two to go on their game one performances. Story in the DT on Thursday by Mitch renner (who?) talked about how Boyd could be exposed on their side. Lol. This is the side where we win the game. Dugan and fergo's arrogance just epitomises nsw culture.

You just need banjo music playing over this rant to get the full redneck package.

isaiah

Bench
You just need banjo music playing over this rant to get the full redneck package.
QLd too good. You had a good run of 3 trys in the middle of the first half but that was all you had. I love how so many of your champion 17 have been so irreparably damaged by all their losing series that when they have the chance to close out a series, they turn to a steaming pile. ( Cue the banjo music)

Apey

Staff member
They were both pretty strong last night. Duges needs to cut out the crabbing though. Maybe get him a fine comb.

isaiah

Bench
QLd too good. You had a good run of 3 trys in the middle of the first half but that was all you had. I love how so many of your champion 17 have been so irreparably damaged by all their losing series that when they have the chance to close out a series, they turn to a steaming pile. ( Cue the banjo music)
irreparably damaged times two. Where do you start next year? Whoever is in form? Four in a row now looking likely

The whole NSW backline sans Tedesco is garbage. All of them, yes Maloney included.

I struggle to understand how Dugan & Ferguson walk into rep teams when they've on the decline since 2013. And when they were actually good in 2011-2012, they struggled to make rep sides.

How does Morris get yet another go? A 30 year old winger.

How does Hayne walk back into the NSW side after not providing the Titans with value for money.

The halves are non-starters.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The whole NSW backline sans Tedesco is garbage. All of them, yes Maloney included.

I struggle to understand how Dugan & Ferguson walk into rep teams when they've on the decline since 2013. And when they were actually good in 2011-2012, they struggled to make rep sides.

How does Morris get yet another go? A 30 year old winger.

How does Hayne walk back into the NSW side after not providing the Titans with value for money.

The halves are non-starters.

Nothing wrong with Morris. He is always good. But Mansour will take his spot next year.

Fergo did not have a great game and it could be the end of the road for him. Turbo next year.

Duges or Hayne might make way for Bird. One will stay.

Halves are problematic but Maloney will stay.

gUt

Coach
Dugan seems to be one of the only backs who gives a shit. I wouldn't be dropping him. Hayne is Hayne, he's either going to win a game for you or be invisible. Morris just seems slightly past it physically.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Dugan
4. Hayne
5. Tommy T
6. Moylan
7. Maloney

Seems solid to me

Hayne isn't a left side player unless he's on the wing. The justification of playing Hayne at centre comes from his heroic efforts for Australia in the last World Cup but keep in mind he played on the right the whole time. Even when he plays at fullback he always comes roaring down the right hand side. If he's in the team next year it definitely shouldn't be at left centre.

isaiah

Bench
Some journo last night talked about how Laurie should have made changes to the game 2 side. Could that have helped when Qld were in such a mood?

big hit!

Bench
Dugan seems to be one of the only backs who gives a shit. I wouldn't be dropping him. Hayne is Hayne, he's either going to win a game for you or be invisible. Morris just seems slightly past it physically.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Dugan
4. Hayne
5. Tommy T
6. Moylan
7. Maloney

Seems solid to me

I agree re Dugan. The only starting back to really toughen up when required. Just don't think he should be in the centres. Same with Hayne.

By this time next year, i think James Roberts will be ready to raid down the NSW right side. listing a team now is pointless though. over 300 days away til game 1 in melbourne.

the only thing for certain is this - barring injury or a massive slump in form, frizel, klemmer, jTrob, Bird and Dugan should really be the only players from this series that should be given some form of grace when it comes to selections next year. toughened it out when NSW needed them.

isaiah

Bench
If Dugan and Ferguson as a combo had been flicked after being ordinary in game 1, could NSW have stopped Val Holmes?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hayne went from being the first picked every year to probably never getting picked again for NSW,dude just doesn't seem to give a f**k anymore since coming back from the NFL

OldPanther

Coach
Hayne went from being the first picked every year to probably never getting picked again for NSW,dude just doesn't seem to give a f**k anymore since coming back from the NFL

Word is they have a very arrogant culture and he fell into that. I don't know how true it is seeing as I don't follow the NFL.