What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best opening to a movie

horrie hastings

First Grade
Unfortunately the opening scene in Earthquake is probably the best part of the movie now days especially with the great John William score but back in 1974-75 it was a big event on the big screen especially backed by the gimmicky sensurround, the movie in todays standards has not held up well with some really hokey special effects and bad editing but it is still a hoot to watch and some of the effects even today hold up well years before CGI was in full force.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'll nominate The Revenant. Love that movie.

Some good nominations in here. I second Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Up!, Full Metal Jacket, and Inglorious Basterds.

Gladiator starts with a bang, too. As does Gangs of New York. Awesome opening scene.

Parra

Referee
I don't know that Full Metal Jacket can be topped for impact. OP may have nailed this thread in the first post

Eelementary

Post Whore
28 weeks later ... i was exhausted watching this the first time. My first thought was Holy Shit that's only the opening, there's still 90 mins to go lol

My personal favourite.

The opening is intense.

It is brilliant.

Reactions: OVP