What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

axl rose

Bench
Nah, likely playing it safe. If the contract is registered before he is released from Western Force you'd think he's in breach of contract.

Have the Perth team been cut yet, or is it a maybe. Pretty harsh if they are not letting blokes secure their futures while they are piss farting around and cant make a decision.

For 2 weeks now in the Sunday Telecrap 'What's the Buzz' has mentioned a coach asking a player to backflip on new contract, today it reads.

"Which NRL coach needs to stop asking one of his Origin stars to backflip on a recently signed deal with a rival club."

I doubt it would be Cleary asking but ...................

Clifferd

Coach
For 2 weeks now in the Sunday Telecrap 'What's the Buzz' has mentioned a coach asking a player to backflip on new contract, today it reads.

"Which NRL coach needs to stop asking one of his Origin stars to backflip on a recently signed deal with a rival club."

I doubt it would be Cleary asking but ...................

Sounds like it's either for Tedesco, Woods or Dugan so it's not out of the realms of possibility

Vic Mackey

Referee
You never know these days but the word going around is that it all depends on what Maloney does. Word is he wants more money which the sharks aren't willing to give. If they can get Cronk or convince Bird to stay they'll let him go to Souths.

Mcgregor is the one trying to talk Dugan out of going to Sharks as he never wanted him to go but the football department wouldn't pay Duges what he wanted.

simmo05

Bench
It is a bit baffeling from the donkeys. Too much money for a centre, they already have milford and nickorema (?) and boyd at fb.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
But they have McGuire for that gig. Besides, Bird wants to be in the 6 jumper

Clifferd

Coach
We have offered contracts to said 5 players;

Albert Vete, Brenton Lawrence, Curtis Rona, Jeremy Latimore, Alex Glenn.

My mail is we are likely to get 4/5 with Glenn being the unlikely one

magpie_man

Juniors
Cleary clearly playing Moneyball if said signings are fair dinkum.
The only concern is the forwards' (excluding Glenn) ages - none under 30.

Shredder

Juniors
MM - they are value.
And given what was actually off contract this year, I think we have recruited very well.
I cant remember a time I ever thought that....

Clifferd

Coach
Cleary clearly playing Moneyball if said signings are fair dinkum.
The only concern is the forwards' (excluding Glenn) ages - none under 30.

Vete is 24 mate and would probably be our next best prop after Packer and Matulino - good value

As for Latimore and Lawrence I'd say they would be no more than 1-2 year contracts which our young guys can gain experience from during that time - or wait until better, younger players appear on the market