What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKD released

H.H

Juniors
Makes me very sad but I understand the club's position.

Such an up and down player and an absolute nightmare at times...but he was our nightmare and I love the bloke. 220 odd games, 120 odd tries and scoring the go ahead GF try after playing 60 minutes with a broken jaw. That intercept too...

Stuff of legend and I'll never forget his time in our colours.

kbw

Bench
I have met SKD several times outside of the NRL player meets RL fan scenario. There are some important things to remember.
He is not a social lunatic. He isn't out on the drink in public. If he is out its either with family or mates that are not NRL players and he isn't out there getting smashed.

Its not a great thing he has been charged with, but its been scientifically proven he has not been using the drug. He is out with habitual users, which in itself is a big mistake and a very rare occurrence
Makes you wonder.

But regardless for everything SKD has done on the field and off at the Roosters and in the community he has been treated like crap.
I doubt he was going to play again for the Roosters (his choice) but to let him go before the court case and in a manner that was befitting a mongrel dog was an insult to him and the reputation of the club

Its nothing short of disgraceful

adamkungl

Immortal
Saw a small article somewhere (dont have a source soz) saying that Nick gave him a glowing reference to Newcastle and them picking him up may be back on the table.

Today he was handed a good behaviour bond, no conviction recorded, after pleading guilty.

Valheru

Coach
I hope he gets picked up by Newcastle now that no conviction was recorded, they could do worse than have him for the next year or two.

It would be great if they picked him up prior to June 30 and he played against us on July 21 so we could give him a send off.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It sounds like we may have released Skidsy in the manner we did purely for his benefit.

Or at least that's what I'd like to think as he's now likely to link up with Newcastle before June 30 and begin the next chapter of his career.

Lambretta

First Grade
I always liked Skidsy

Rocks or diamonds at times sure - but on balance he gave us more than he cost us and he was 100% a Rooster. I wish him all the best

Xplozive

Juniors
I bumped into skids at a pub in ersineville on saturday night. Spoke to him briefly and congratulated him on his try haha. This guy is treading on thin ice though, he was obviously drunk but doing nothing wrong. If the wrong person sees him and notifies the media theyd certainly spin it to sound bad. I really wanted to get a photo with him but suspected he would be keen on people getting photos haha

Latest posts