What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Origin II - NSW 16-18 QLD @ ANZ

Game II: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big hit!

Bench
I don't know, maybe the greatest fullback of all time by the name of billy slater may do it?

Has Darius Boyd even played centre before? Whereas Gagai was probably Queenslands best in game 1, the more ball he gets the better for qld.

Boyd is fine playing wing. When you have Billy Slater out the back this whole argument is invalid.
Slater has come in, and Gagai can still play on the right wing.

Boyd has played more centre than Hayne has. Probably not that much less than Dugan.

Centres don't necessarily see more ball than wingers. With wingers already behind play on 6th tackles, they normally either run the ball back or first cab off the rank to take the next carry while the forwards return back to play.

Gagai has been playin well for QLD in this role. Boyd will adapt better in the centres than Gagai, particularly in defence. The move is a no brainier really.

Clifferd

Coach

Boyd has played more centre than Hayne has. Probably not that much less than Dugan.

Centres don't necessarily see more ball than wingers. With wingers already behind play on 6th tackles, they normally either run the ball back or first cab off the rank to take the next carry while the forwards return back to play.

Gagai has been playin well for QLD in this role. Boyd will adapt better in the centres than Gagai, particularly in defence. The move is a no brainier really.

But did he play centre good? Lol

I can see Hayne having a bloodbath if he's up against him

You're right, it's a no brainer. You've got to have no brains to make that move as coach

big hit!

Bench
http://www.news.com.au/sport/kevin-...o/news-story/6c3ae50b1362b0a07dd1ec5f5d3da830

QUEENSLAND MAROONS TEAM FOR STATE OF ORIGIN GAME TWO
1. Billy Slater
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Will Chambers
4. Darius Boyd
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Coen Hess
17. Tim Glasby
18. Cameron Munster

"as revealed by the courier-mail." we were saying this was going to happen for weeks. Got to laugh at all the numpties in the media having turnstile Gagai as a centre, Papallii as a starter again and not having Cooper starting in as the left-side forward. Do they even know anything about rugby league?

The only thing this doesn't tell us is what sides Boyd and Chambers will be lining up on, although going by the numbering, it appears Boyd may be on the right with Gagai? Surely Walters will have Chambers switching to partner Gagai and have his right-side club combo with Cronk in use?

the existing option of course is to maintain the bulk of the Roos left-side combo of Thurston - Chambers - Holmes. will be interesting to see how it plays out.

how the starting edges line up according to above:
cronk - gillett - (slater) - boyd - gagai VS maloney - cordner - (tedesco) - hayne - bMoz

thurston - cooper - (slater) - chambers - holmes VS pearce - jackson/frizzell - (tedesco) - dugan - ferguson

if game 1 is any indication, graham will come onto the left and cordner switch to the right mid-way through the first half.

i'd switch Boyd and chambers personally to have the latter bearing down on hayne and boyd on dugan. attacking-wise it looks better for QLD, but there are defensive aspects to consider. the anticipation of a boyd vs hayne battle would be huge though!!!

of course, this may all be null if QLD don't at least put up a fight in the middle.

bring it on, ay? looking forward to this one.

so as I expected, Ch 9 reported this morning Chambers is switching sides from the left to the right, and boyd will be the left centre. this is why numbers mean shit, folks!! makes sense as chambers plays on the right for melbourne with cronk anyway.

so the starting edges are:
cronk - gillett - (slater) - chambers - gagai VS maloney - cordner - (tedesco) - hayne - bMoz

thurston - cooper - (slater) - boyd - holmes VS pearce - jackson/frizzell - (tedesco) - dugan - ferguson

this really does better strengthen both sides more for QLD, imo. having a semblance of club and familiar combos on both sides is going to help a lot. their middle and rotation need to be competent though.

Myles, Thaiday, Guerra, Lillyman.

If we haven't shown loyalty to these guys I don't know what loyalty is.

Father time caught up with all of them. Except Guerra, maybe he can find some form again.

I'm happy with the changes, except Glasby, dunno what he's done, I'd have gone with Bolton who is in good form. But at least we're looking to the future.

I don't expect us to win but I expect us to at least be competitive.

ed-grimley

Bench

Does all this mean Queensland will win?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Myles, Thaiday, Guerra, Lillyman.

If we haven't shown loyalty to these guys I don't know what loyalty is.

Father time caught up with all of them. Except Guerra, maybe he can find some form again.

I'm happy with the changes, except Glasby, dunno what he's done, I'd have gone with Bolton who is in good form. But at least we're looking to the future.

I don't expect us to win but I expect us to at least be competitive.

Glasby is 28 lol

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Glasby will.be fine. Don't expect any linebreaks from him but as long as he just tightens the defence in the middle and his stats don't look like peteru numbers at fulltime then he has done his job

big hit!

Bench
Glasby will.be fine. Don't expect any linebreaks from him but as long as he just tightens the defence in the middle and his stats don't look like peteru numbers at fulltime then he has done his job

myles, lillyman and thaiday have copped it up the arse, and yes they didn't have too much impact and their time probably was up anyway, but watch some of fifita's runs and you'll see smith and gillett (he's supposed to be one of the best defenders in the game) being shoved off and clutching at air. all the blokes who are backing up from game 1 need to lift too.

what guys like glasby and wallace should provide is keeping up with play and tightening in up around the ruck to prevent the inside ball.

interesting to see how they use Hess. i won't be surprised if Gillett gets shifted into the middle to accommodate Hess on the right edge. he plays there for NQ, and on wednesday this will conveniently be the side Maloney (NSW left) defends on. graham will be doing a bit of babysitting once the young beast comes on.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
DCrfitOVoAEYgXO.jpg

NRL‏Verified account@NRL

The number of wins from their first 16 #Origin games!

Nerd

Bench
The big difference with JT back in the QLD side will be their kicking game. In game 1 the NSW forwards worked out pretty early that with it being Milfords first game only Cronk was kicking. With Thurston on one side of the ruck and Cronk on the other it will make it much harder for NSW to pressure the kicker like game 1.

Latest posts