What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Dragons on the Slide?

Card Shark

Immortal
Thought this year would be different & no choke...but it's their way.

Why upgrade the coach's contract so early in the year, when there's history of falling away?

Life's Good

Coach
Thought this year would be different & no choke...but it's their way.

Why upgrade the coach's contract so early in the year, when there's history of falling away?
Are you kidding. Didn't you read the headlines where McGregor was being chased by 4 clubs?? Because Doust is so astute* he broke out the BIC and put pen to paper faster than he accepted the NRL handout.

*Astute = pickled

Jason Maher

Immortal
The last two weeks, for no obvious reason, we've gone away from our game plan. Play fast through the middle with our strong pack, and get some second phase play off the back of that. Against the Dogs and Eels, our backs were taking all the hit-ups, while our pack was ambling back with no real urgency, to maybe take a token hit-up on the 4th or 5th. When we don't make good ground with our pack and second phase play, we're up shit creek, because our kicking game is so abysmal.

We've also been schooled in the art of line speed the last two weeks, and that is what really concerns me. That is purely an attitude thing. After the shocker against merkinerbury, you would expect the players to show a bit of personal pride and come out full of energy. Against Parra, we looked like we'd already played a full 80 minute game.

Incorrect

Coach
The last two weeks, for no obvious reason, we've gone away from our game plan. Play fast through the middle with our strong pack, and get some second phase play off the back of that. Against the Dogs and Eels, our backs were taking all the hit-ups, while our pack was ambling back with no real urgency, to maybe take a token hit-up on the 4th or 5th. When we don't make good ground with our pack and second phase play, we're up shit creek, because our kicking game is so abysmal.

We've also been schooled in the art of line speed the last two weeks, and that is what really concerns me. That is purely an attitude thing. After the shocker against merkinerbury, you would expect the players to show a bit of personal pride and come out full of energy. Against Parra, we looked like we'd already played a full 80 minute game.
Norman's kicking game on Sunday was superb, I think he found grass inside your 10 or in goal on just about every kick, plus they kicked early in the count a few times turning your pack around and tiring them quicker no? A blueprint on how to play the dragons right there seemingly...

BennyV

Referee
Are you kidding. Didn't you read the headlines where McGregor was being chased by 4 clubs?? Because Doust is so astute* he broke out the BIC and put pen to paper faster than he accepted the NRL handout.

*Astute = pickled
Hey, you leave Dousty's handouts alone! It's a Business Model; just like Broncos, Souffs, Melbourne and those other clubs striving to improve their business through actual commercial means. We use what works for us! And what works for us happens to be crying poor and begging for charity to cover our debts. But it's still a business model.

Blade23

Juniors
They have started the year well it would be a real shame if they missed out on the finals.
I hope they can turn things around.

POPEYE

Coach
Norman's kicking game on Sunday was superb, I think he found grass inside your 10 or in goal on just about every kick, plus they kicked early in the count a few times turning your pack around and tiring them quicker no? A blueprint on how to play the dragons right there seemingly...
If the Eels replicate that game it won't only be the Dragons who suffer

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's a real conundrum..

I mean, if you get the dragons off the slide, there's a big risk they'll just end up on the swings instead..

6237c0bbb623a44015b913e6ed1cc25d.jpg

RazorRam0n

Juniors

f**ks why he couldn't do that against the cows....and he's been up and down all season.

POPEYE

Coach

but you and I are still not giving up on the Dragons are we ol' mate . . . remember back when they were supposed to be heading for the spoon and a Taxidriver was sent to take me to the funny farm and Mary saved me . . . have faith

OVP

Coach
That guy who is trying to get Saints fans to donate their hard-earned to buy out the club might be back in the game now.

I wonder how that's going lol.

POPEYE

Coach
In reality it matters not. Us, like many other sides, will be making up the numbers should we make the 8.
That's where a lot of clubs go wrong, sure it's great to win the cup once in awhile or even the Shield but diehard supporters, as compared to Johnny Come Latelys, want their club to be in the mix every year. I take the easy way out because I can, Melbourne are a yardstick so I had no problem with barracking for Souths/Cowboys/Sharks all the way to their vinegar stroke

What matters is staying near the top, yo-yoing up and down is a bummer, as far as I'm concerned and as it should be for all RL purists, its far more important if, Mary for instance, builds the Dragons into a 'cultured' team once more . . . like in the Taj Mahal days. Returning St George/Illawarra to a preferred destination is far more important than winning a cup occasionally

OzDragon

Coach
It's all going to plan. We shall be hoisting the trophy come October.

Mary knows what hes doing.

smi962

First Grade
Our all of players who were in form have got their contract extensions or signed with a new club.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Dragons haven't been able to replicate there 11 premierships in a row so technically there always on the slide

Latest posts