What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane my friend Dane

Woosh

Head Moderator
The most assey player in origin history.
He's the new Boyd, just falls over the line!!
What a joke 7 tries in 6 games tripping over the line!!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
It seems like NSW can never tackle this bloke,always seems to break the first tackle,he annoys me shrugging off NSW defending plebs all the time.

The Beaver

Juniors
Newcastle fans must be happy to see the back of this guy. I've been watching his insipid performances for the Knights this year, the game against Penrith was the standout. His young teammates trying their hearts out and he's out there showing no urgency, not diving on the loose ball, not even attempting to tackle a Penrith guy about to score. Then Origin rolls around and he's a new man and constantly in the top half a dozen guys out there. He'd be earning Origin style dollars and piking it.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't dislike the guy but f**k he frustrates me. You watch this weekend against the Dragons, if he's back...you'd swear you were watching a different player to the one from last night...

Big Pete

Referee
Gagai's biggest issue as a football player has always been his inability to judge kicks properly and it's an issue we saw resurface last night when he got trapped in-goal. However, the reason why he looks so much better in Queensland is that he gets to focus on his own job and others actually create opportunities for him. At Newcastle he's usually the player others turn to when they need that pass, that run or that big play and he can look very rocks and diamonds.

The telling thing about Gagai and the quality of player he is was before the 2016 series. Kevie quizzed all the senior players on who they thought the wingers should be. They all swore by Gagai despite Dane being in ordinary form at the time and they were rewarded with a great performance.

I wasn't happy with the way his departure was handled at the club by both parties. I knew as soon as he left, the Broncos had lost a player they couldn't afford to give up and in the Maroon jersey we're seeing what he can look like when he's got a fair dinkum opportunity.

Great player and a major asset to the Origin series.

GongPanther

Referee
This bloke is the reason why performance clauses should be allowed to protect clubs from players who are paid a big wage,only to play like they are simply only there just to turn up,play within themselves,and not get injured for the SOO side.

The NFL has a system were you simply can't screw with your employers,and to a bigger degree,their fans.

How many times have you noticed when a promising player switches sides,only to hardly hear about him the next season.

This has been happening for decades.

Shorty

Staff member
Has any player looked like a world beater playing for the Knights?
I'd see how he does at Souths, he looked good while at the Broncos.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Will Justin O'Neill look like a worldbeater without JT? He certainly didn't in Origin 1.

Lets see how the cows go now.