What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

mxlegend99

Referee
Roosters fans trying to defend Pearce are hilarious.

Picking him guarantees one thing. QLD win.

He's not the best option available when he is a proven failure over nearly a decades sorth of chances. He has never been the same player for NSW as he is for Roosters. Club form is irrelevant here.

Origin is a step up from club footy that turns him to shit. Some players go to another level. Hence literally anyone else being a better choice because they just might have that level in them. But we eill never know because we get stuck with what has never worked before.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It is amazing that the anti-Pearce obsessives never mention once the missed tackle of Wade Graham that led to a Qld try, or the ball stripping by Hayne that gave Qld a penalty and their final chance to win, or the first half try bombed by Hayne when he failed to pass to an unmarked Morris. All of these were terrible individual performances which cost NSW the game, not the performance of try scorer and demon tackler Mitchell Pearce.
Don't see anyone defending Graham or Hayne for their shit games do you? Jesus, Graham even gave himself a pretty scathing critique of his performance. When's Mythchell ever gonna put his hand up and apologise to his state???

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It is amazing that the anti-Pearce obsessives never mention once the missed tackle of Wade Graham that led to a Qld try, or the ball stripping by Hayne that gave Qld a penalty and their final chance to win, or the first half try bombed by Hayne when he failed to pass to an unmarked Morris. All of these were terrible individual performances which cost NSW the game, not the performance of try scorer and demon tackler Mitchell Pearce.

See my post where I said players like Maloney, Hayne and Graham had bad games, but have had great performances for NSW before, so have currency in the bank to fall back on.

Pearce has NEVER performed for NSW so has no currency in the bank to fall back on.

See the difference?

MKCS

Juniors
I think Thurston and Cronk outplayed Pearce but when it comes down to it I think he was better than Maloney.

- Maloney gave away a stupid grubby penalty when he took Slater out for no reason 30 metres out from QLD's tryline, this lead to the first try.

- Missed 5 tackles compared to Pearce's 2 and missed a vital goal that ultimately cost us the game.

- I believe Maloney was also the one to drop the ball in the 80th minute after the siren had gone when NSW were desperately trying to get something going and win the game.

---

Admittedly his break and pass to Morris was good and a try was scored and he played decent apart from those few errors but why so quick to overlook Maloney when Pearce was just as solid?

Also, my favourite question to ask, if not Pearce then who do we select? Moylan? A good utility bench player or backup for Tedesco at best. Reynolds? Very very average in a South Sydney team that needs him. Brooks? Not ready and might not ever be. Mitchell Moses? Same as Brooks. Townsend? I don't think he'd offer much more than Pearce. Sezer? McCrone? Roberts? Feeney? Lol.

OldPanther

Coach
Also, my favourite question to ask, if not Pearce then who do we select? Moylan? A good utility bench player or backup for Tedesco at best.

Lol what? A bench utility or fullback cover! I've never seen someone miss the mark so badly. Both are absolutely not what he'd be good at.

Silky passing: check

Good vision: check

Makes good choices: check

Clutch player: check

Short kick: check

Can defend in the line: check

Good short running game: check

He's a half and a damn good one.

isaiah

Bench
I think Thurston and Cronk outplayed Pearce but when it comes down to it I think he was better than Maloney.

- Maloney gave away a stupid grubby penalty when he took Slater out for no reason 30 metres out from QLD's tryline, this lead to the first try.

- Missed 5 tackles compared to Pearce's 2 and missed a vital goal that ultimately cost us the game.

- I believe Maloney was also the one to drop the ball in the 80th minute after the siren had gone when NSW were desperately trying to get something going and win the game.

---

Admittedly his break and pass to Morris was good and a try was scored and he played decent apart from those few errors but why so quick to overlook Maloney when Pearce was just as solid?

Also, my favourite question to ask, if not Pearce then who do we select? Moylan? A good utility bench player or backup for Tedesco at best. Reynolds? Very very average in a South Sydney team that needs him. Brooks? Not ready and might not ever be. Mitchell Moses? Same as Brooks. Townsend? I don't think he'd offer much more than Pearce. Sezer? McCrone? Roberts? Feeney? Lol.
Feeney is a qlder but you can have him, we already have the best 4 halves in the nrl

POPEYE

Coach
More important to continue full chat with Cleary's education, get his defence up to Origin scratch, he's the real dark horse, a bolter imo, the bloke that looks for holes . . . f**k trying to just make a dent

Nice Beaver

First Grade
More important to continue full chat with Cleary's education, get his defence up to Origin scratch, he's the real dark horse, a bolter imo, the bloke that looks for holes . . . f**k trying to just make a dent

No doubt at all that Cleary is the man for the future.

But he does not deserve to be thrown into game 3 to fix up the mess. Hopefully the forwards wake up and do enough to get us over the line despite Pearce being there.

Cleary could be ready with another 20 odd NRL games under his belt. He has the right temperament, that's for sure.

yobbo84

First Grade
Adam Reynolds is in career-worst form, but at least he's still leading the NRL in 2017 for forced drop outs. He's got nothing outside his kicking game but that alone would make a positive difference to NSW. I'd still have him in Origin over Pearce. But then again I'd have Chad Townsend or Blake Green over Pearce if Moylan et al were unavailable.

POPEYE

Coach
No doubt at all that Cleary is the man for the future.

But he does not deserve to be thrown into game 3 to fix up the mess. Hopefully the forwards wake up and do enough to get us over the line despite Pearce being there.

Cleary could be ready with another 20 odd NRL games under his belt. He has the right temperament, that's for sure.
I'm more concerned with next year . . . if I gave a shit about NSW that is . . . fact remains that Qld's Halves are so much better than any of their contemporaries Pearce can't be held more responsible than Maloney . . . being second best in this case is not worth wanking over

Because I'm down with a bad back I've watched the 2nd half 4 times for a full take on the game. Qld were never going to lose just as the referees were never going to penalize for interference unless they were sure it made a difference . . . Origin is a difference beast in many ways, Maybe we should just play 26 games of it and forget the rest

POPEYE

Coach
That's the trouble with you Penrith bods, you live for 5 year plans. My vibes, and I don't give a shit about anyone else's, tell me that as soon as Cleary's defence sharpens up a little he'll be ready. He can already take a hit and thinks beyond his years . . . 1st game next year as far as I'm concerned, anything to stop NSW whinging about Pearce

Latest posts