What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC 2017 INJURY WATCH

roughyedspud

Coach
When adding names to the list can people list their injuries too..

RHYS Evans,the Warrington & Wales winger/center,is done for the season with a shoulder injury..

jim_57

Staff member
English coaches blaming Bennett for SL injury crisis. Completely ridiculous.

He asked for a pre-season camp and a test match, not a 38 game season with 2 double weekends - that is entirely on the RFL and the clubs.

Does the UK/France have any sort of player's Union? The amount of games SL players play is quite frankly ridiculous.

One simple solution for me would to be to slightly reduce the amount of games but also introduce a cap on the amount of regular season games a player can play in so at some point EVERY player has to be rested. Makes it easier to have mid year tests, gives youth more chances and adds a bit of tactics to coaching and how to best rotate the squad.

I think it could even itself out as well as I imagine less players would suffer injuries with a slightly reduced workload.

adamkungl

Immortal
Does the UK/France have any sort of player's Union? The amount of games SL players play is quite frankly ridiculous.

One simple solution for me would to be to slightly reduce the amount of games but also introduce a cap on the amount of regular season games a player can play in so at some point EVERY player has to be rested. Makes it easier to have mid year tests, gives youth more chances and adds a bit of tactics to coaching and how to best rotate the squad.

I think it could even itself out as well as I imagine less players would suffer injuries with a slightly reduced workload.

Not necessary if their season structure wasnt too long in the first place

roughyedspud

Coach
There was a union a few years ago that barely lasted a couple of years because the players couldn't be arsed with it...and it had a stupid name "1eagu3" and it was only for SL players

RLPA(UK) needs setting up and should include all players not just SL players

adamkungl

Immortal
Oh I wasn't making a point.. just an observation.
Every now and then I see the NRL is pointed out as a beacon of professionalism by Super League fans, while in NRL land the exact same issue can be a complete mess

Burns

First Grade
Reports JT is gone for the season and the Workd Cup.

Huge blow for the tournament, JT would have been the face for all the promotion and hype.

Australia would want to hope for no more injuries to the spine. Already without Inglis as well.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Reports JT is gone for the season and the Workd Cup.

Huge blow for the tournament, JT would have been the face for all the promotion and hype.

Australia would want to hope for no more injuries to the spine. Already without Inglis as well.

I agree. Utterly huge blow for the tournament, JT is a big supporter of international RL and definitely would have been the face for all the promotion and hype.

Burns

First Grade
Any huge blows for England at this stage injury wise? They may be the most fit!

I know we have Escare for France, a few for Tonga and the drug suspensions for Browich & Proctor for NZ.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hit to the marketing of the tournament but there's no better promotion than England beating Australia and with JT out their stocks go up

Billythekid

First Grade
Hit to the marketing of the tournament but there's no better promotion than England beating Australia and with JT out their stocks go up

Thurston and Inglis are really the players who have caused the biggest problems for the English. It's a totally different matchup with those 2 gone. I still expect Australia to get the job done but hopefully England can come close.

roughyedspud

Coach
I reckon JT might call it a day completely,he only has a year left anyway and it'll free up a hell of a lot of salary cap to go get someone like ash taylor

Latest posts