What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NBA Draft

Barkley

Bench
Minnesota looking really nice with that Buttler trade...

What were the Bulls thinking? LaVine has potential but Kris Dunn was average in his rookie season despite having pretty decent minutes.

Wolves have a good looking starting 5 though.

1. Ricky Rubio
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Jimmy Butler
4. Gorgui Dieng
5. Karl-Anthony Towns

Iafeta

Referee
It gives Rubio a chance, having another spread scorer means he can get back to playmaking rather than have the continued criticism over his lack of deep shooting. Wiggins is good but his defence is still concerning.

HowHigh

Coach
That trade definitely makes the Timberwolves an east contender but still don't think it'll be enough to beat the Cavs, at least for 1-2 more seasons. Great young team though.

Really interested to see how the 76ers go this season too!

Drafts are usually pretty uneventful as a Spurs fan lol.

Rod

Bench
T'Wolves are a West team ;)

Draft is always interesting for the first 10 or so picks. I don't watch college ball but like the little that I've seen of the bloke my Magic took, Jonathan Isaac. Awesome length and can shoot apparently.

HowHigh

Coach
T'Wolves are a West team ;)

Draft is always interesting for the first 10 or so picks. I don't watch college ball but like the little that I've seen of the bloke my Magic took, Jonathan Isaac. Awesome length and can shoot apparently.
hahaha so they are
My bad! Drunken posts..I think I had them confused with the Bucks at the time

Barkley

Bench
CP3 is heading to Houston. This looks to be the first of many big names to be on the move this off season.

Mello, Paul George, Blake Griffin, Porzingis and Gordon Haywood could all be on the move.

Moderators: Could we change the name of the thread to "Off Season" or something to that effect?

shiznit

Coach
For Oladipo and Sebonis.

Sam Presti is a motherf**king SAVAGE!!

It's only a 1yr rental... but they get his bird rights to offer a better deal than anyone else... even if he opts out after this season... they dump Oladipos $21M a year contract which was looking like a dog after seeing him play this season.

Even if worse comes to worse and Russ and PG leave to go to LA... which is a pretty good chance of happening... they clear the cap and they can start the rebuild straight away.

Surely Indy could get more than this...

T-Boon

Coach
Everybody is clearing out of the East. They might as well cancel the all stars game.

Iafeta

Referee
Rubio>Utah for a first round pick. Minnesota sounding confident they can get a Jeff Teague or Kyle Lowry in free agency. If they do, it will be madness. They'll be brutal.

Rod

Bench
I'm not sure why you trade Rubio and then go and sign Teague, who is is barely better if he is at all. Everything else is looking good for the Wolves though, I like the Gibson acqusition, gives them a much needed level head and veteran presence.

I'm not sure the George trade was as much of a robbery as most are making out either, but a lot of that depends on future events so hard to say. I'm also an Oladipo believer so we will see if he can become something when he's not standing in the corner while Westbrook dribbles the air out of the ball.

The big Redick one year deal for the 76ers around that young talent is probably my favourite FA move so far.

Latest rumour is Melo to the Cavs or Rockets, both of those would be very interesting propositions.

shiznit

Coach
Insanity... Kyrie has requested a trade.
I think it's fair enough... he's a REALLY good player in his own right.... why should he have to just sit by and be left holding up a franchise in tatters and built to suit Lebron's style of play when Lebron and his team are making noises about leaving for LA next summer.

I'm not sure it happens... but Kyrie could be a pretty good piece for a team like the Spurs. So long as they don't give up too much... they would probably give up Aldridge though... I get the feeling they want to give him up anyway...

shiznit

Coach
Lol.... I was mucking around on the ESPN Trade Machine... made a 4 team trade between CLE, SA, OKC & NY.

Cavs got Melo & Aldridge
Spurs got Kyrie & Kanter
Thunder got Hermangomez & Danny Green
Knicks got Kevin Love and add whatever picks.

Lol.... pretty much everyone lost wins except the Spurs...

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Best potential trade I've seen is

Cavs get Melo + Bledsoe
Knicks get Irving + Chandler
Suns get Love + Nkiltina (however u spell it)

I think that atleast gives a good basis for the trade and u can swap players and add picks to it