What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Films are now movies. Even the fecking BBC use it.
Some more film related shit....

"Shot on location" - where else would it be shot? In an alternate universe?

"Fast tracked from the US" - we could watch the same TV show at the same time as the US with all the technology available now.

"Fast tracked from the US" - we could watch the same TV show at the same time as the US with all the technology available now.

Filming can take place in a studio, rather than on location.

Barkley

Bench

Another favorite is "World Premier" when referring to a shitty local TV show airing for the first time.

Lambretta

First Grade
So are we in agreeance?

Arrrrrrgghh f**k.

The word agreeance went out of use in the 18th Century - there is no need to bring it back to life
We don't feel the need to use doth and verily, so why agreeance?

Is it because you're a f**king twat and don't remember how to pronounce AGREEMENT?

Life's Good

Coach
So are we in agreeance?

Arrrrrrgghh f**k.

The word agreeance went out of use in the 18th Century - there is no need to bring it back to life
We don't feel the need to use doth and verily, so why agreeance?

Is it because you're a f**king twat and don't remember how to pronounce AGREEMENT?
I see this and raise you 'formulise' - the merging of formalise & formula.
This beauty was first brought to my attention by the state manager from my previous job at our annual team launch. He was fired within 3 months of this presentation.

Blues Riff

Bench
George Carlin (above) mentions one of my favourites. The concept of "sour grapes". This term is often used incorrectly on LU by those not familiar with the original fable.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Americanisation of the English language.

Replacing "s" with "z" so that the first word of this post becomes "americanization". There's a valid reason why "z" is tucked down at the bottom left hand corner of the keyboard with its lonely mate "x". Don't touch it unless the word begins with "z" in most cases.

Same could be said for replacing "c" with "s" so that "offence" becomes "offense".

Pronounciation of certain words to place emphasis on one part of the word. E.g. defence (or defense) is pronounced DEE-fence and semi becomes SEE-my. See my what?

Latest posts