What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2017

Life's Good

Coach
Have Monaco covered & then will attempt to push on to the Indy 500.
Monaco will hopefully be interesting with tyres possibly causing some headaches to spice up the action.

Gee how unimpressed did Kimi Raikonnen look at finishing 2nd in Monacco? He may not be the most animated of people but his lack of enthusiasm at congratulating Vettel on winning there, or even on the podium at the presentation in celebrating his own finish was very noticeable. I can understand Ferrari's manager being cock-a-hoop with the result. It was the first time since 2001 that Ferrari had won at Monaco.

Life's Good

Coach
Tough Monday has started
Gee how unimpressed did Kimi Raikonnen look at finishing 2nd in Monacco? He may not be the most animated of people but his lack of enthusiasm at congratulating Vettel on winning there, or even on the podium at the presentation in celebrating his own finish was very noticeable. I can understand Ferrari's manager being c**k-a-hoop with the result. It was the first time since 2001 that Ferrari had won at Monaco.
Tough Monday for Kimi!! Hamilton has already had a dig at Ferrari for the call to favour Vettel. Pretty ordinary of Ferrari but they have form when it comes this so it's not a surprise. Just look up Austria 2012 podium and see Barrichello in tears after Ferrari ordered him to give up the lead to Shumacher.

Parra

Referee
Kimi's destiny was in his own hands. As Vettel and Ricciardo showed - they were simply quicker when it counted. A lot quicker. Vettel and Ricciardo get held up or hold each other up and Kimi would be smiling.

I don't believe Ferrari and Red Bull cost Kimi & Max places. It was the sheer pace of the other two. In fact Max would have a better case for complaint. He missed the chance to overcut Bottas.

Parra

Referee
Interesting that the Ferrari manager was very engaged with Daniel Ricciardo straight after the race pre-podium. Hardly said a word to his own drivers.

Ricciardo to Ferrari would be interesting.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Max Verstappen crying over the radio was hilarious, he has benifited from strategy calls in the past, he finally gets one that goes against him and that's how he reacts. But it also shows that max thinks he is number 1 in that team, when they've tried for the last 18 months to promote the image of both being equal. I think we'll see ricciardo make a move, kimi to retire at the end of the year and either sainz or ric in the ferrari with the other in the redbull

Life's Good

Coach
Interesting that the Ferrari manager was very engaged with Daniel Ricciardo straight after the race pre-podium. Hardly said a word to his own drivers.

Ricciardo to Ferrari would be interesting.
Would be a great line up but I think Vettel might hold sway for the 2nd seat in as much as Ferrari want him to extend as well so Vettel would counter by saying he only extends if he gets veto over the 2nd seat therefore he might block Ricciardo or Verstappen. If they don't keep Kimi then I think Perez or Sainz may end up there with Giovinazzi an outside chance as that has a better chance of harmony/dutiful no2.

It could all change if the very quiet, wild rumour of a swap between Vettel & Hamilton occurs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure both Hamilton and Bottas contracts end this year at mercedes.

Crazy suggestion:
Vettel to Mercedes
Ricciardo to Ferrari
Bottas to Red Bull
Hamilton to stay where he is.

If Raikkonen opts to quit, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Verstappen followed Ricciardo to Ferrari.

Last edited:

Storm13

Juniors
Pretty sure both Hamilton and Bottas contracts end this year at Ferrari.

Crazy suggestion:
Vettel to Mercedes
Ricciardo to Ferrari
Bottas to Red Bull
Hamilton to stay where he is.

If Raikkonen opts to quit, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Verstappen followed Ricciardo to Ferrari.
I'm sure if anyone leaves Red Bull Sainz will be taking that seat. Kyvat will be gone at the end of the season if he doesn't pick up his game.

Parra

Referee
Sainz and Perez and Hulkenburg all punch above their wait. Dan Ricc and Sainz at Ferrari would be a great combo.

I'd be just as happy if RBR could get their shit together

Parra

Referee
That was a great race. Texas Indy was close all the way through as well this weekend. Enjoyed both races.

Top effort for Ricciardo to hand on to third. Didn't put a foot wrong all race.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I've gotta admit, even though it's not popular i love the Baku street circuit. From about turn 7 until the and just look great. I love that combo through the alleyway up past the castle and also the way the cars slingshot through the last 4 high speed corners

Parra

Referee
The setting is surreal. More like a video game.

Great footage though - and so far the results have been mixed up in practice.

See what happens tonight in qualifying -should be interesting right through the field.

Latest posts