What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

undertaker

Coach
Yes, so far both of you are correct.

Shane Warne:

Debut: 1992 vs India, SCG
Last test: 2007 vs England, SCG

Ricky Ponting:

Debut: 1995 vs Sri Lanka, WACA
Last test: 2012 vs South Africa, WACA

Brett Lee:

Debut: 1999 vs India, MCG
Last test: 2008 vs South Africa, MCG

3 more to go. One is another 'obvious' one, the other two are more difficult

Scott

Bench
Pretty sure Andy Bichel debuted & finished in Adelaide, as did Geoff Marsh.

Mark Taylor in Sydney is another.

undertaker

Coach
I would've gone with Slater but mustve started and finished at different English grounds.
Slater debuted at Old Trafford (1993) and played his last test at Headingley (2001)

Pretty sure Andy Bichel debuted & finished in Adelaide, as did Geoff Marsh.

Mark Taylor in Sydney is another.

Mark Taylor at the SCG is correct (debut vs west Indies in 1989, last test vs England in 1999)

Andy Bichel at Adelaide Oval is also correct (debut vs west indies in 1997, last test vs India in 2003)

Geoff Marsh's debut was more than 30yrs ago, nevertheless is correct. First and last test were at Adelaide Oval, both against India in 1985 and 1992 respectively.

There's several players pre-Mark Taylor who have achieved this feat. But in the last 30yrs, so far 5 have been named: Taylor, Bichel, Warne, Lee and Ponting. One more to go....

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
Slater debuted at Old Trafford (1993) and played his last test at Headingley (2001)

Mark Taylor at the SCG is correct (debut vs west Indies in 1989, last test vs England in 1999)

Andy Bichel at Adelaide Oval is also correct (debut vs west indies in 1997, last test vs India in 2003)

Geoff Marsh's debut was more than 30yrs ago, nevertheless is correct. First and last test were at Adelaide Oval, both against India in 1985 and 1992 respectively.

There's several players pre-Mark Taylor who have achieved this feat. But in the last 30yrs, so far 5 have been named: Taylor, Bichel, Warne, Lee and Ponting. One more to go....

Pretty sure Hauritz started & finished in India, not sure of the grounds though.

undertaker

Coach
Pretty sure Hauritz started & finished in India, not sure of the grounds though.
Made his debut on that infamous dust bowl in Mumbai in 2004, played his last test in Bangalore in 2010 before being unceremoniously dropped from the 2010/11 Ashes squad

TheParraboy

Staff member
Made his debut on that infamous dust bowl in Mumbai in 2004, played his last test in Bangalore in 2010 before being unceremoniously dropped from the 2010/11 Ashes squad

We stupidly picked a squad of 17 for that ashes, which included Haurie, Xavier and beer, Haurie was culled from the squad a few days later or so along with 3 others

we got so many things wrong that series on so many levels and promptly got belted

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I have scored a test ton against 7 test nations. Also hit at least one 6 against them at test level.

However there is one country I have played tests against , have not been able to do either, ie. no tons and no sixers..

Who am I and which nation is it that I have this draught with?

Hints to follow after 7pm when I get home from work if no one gets it

TheParraboy

Staff member
lol
yeah I did mate, back to work in about an hour :(

Ok some hints

I am a current top order batsman
I have played under 3 test captains
I have scored over 1000 test runs in 3 calendar year, all were consecutive years

TheParraboy

Staff member
not cook mate, he has scored tons against every nation and played under 5 test captains
root, strauss, vaughn, kp , flintoff

Latest posts