What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann picked to wear the number 7

Frank Facer

First Grade
Finally Mary has picked Mann to wear the number 7. Myself and many others on this forum were calling for a Widdop Mann halves pairing at the start of the year. I have continued to call for it. I don't know if Mann will be success at halfback, but he has to be an improvement on Mcrone. I am hoping that it will be a success and that Mann will add another dimension to our attack.

Brutalitops

Juniors
You know what, if we go on to fail from here, and Mary sticks with Mann or even tries other NEW options, I will literally be okay with that. I will not get up Mary for failing if at least he f**king tried.

But if we stick with McCrone, it's literally almost a certainty.

possm

Coach
I'd say the only problem is, he hasn't been retained for 2018 and beyond as yet. I've been calling for this halves combo all season mainly because Mann seems to possess all the skills to do well at halfback.

Now we have an offer to Hutch and Mann on the table and neither player has accepted the offer as yet. Seeing that Hunt will be our halfback next year, it would have been better for the Dragons if Mann was already retained. If Mann is a success, you can be sure that other clubs will be standing in line with offers superior to ours.

Last edited:

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I'd say the only problem is, he hasn't been retained for 2018 and beyond as yet. I've been calling for this halves combo all season mainly because Mann seems to possess all the skills to do well at halfback.

Now we have an offer to Hutc and Mann on the table and neither player has accepted the offer as yet. Seeing that Hunt will be our halfback next year, it would have been better for the Dragons if Mann was already retained. If Mann is a success, you can be sure that other clubs will be standing in line with offers superior to ours.
Stgeorge don't put offers on the table for existing players until either the player leave us in frustration or they are playing so well others pounce.

Mark my words - Dugan and Packer will be massive voids in 2018. Experience is essential to build great youth around unless you have a miracle event like 1977 when we had so many rock stars at once who all went on and made it as true champions of the game.

blacksafake

First Grade
If it means McCrone sitting on the bench, I'm prepared to give him the season.
I actually like the idea of McCrone being on the bench,especially at the expense of Milne.I think giving McInness a short breather can only be a good thing to keep him a bit fresher.And should a back go down he moves into 1/2 with Mann replacing the injured.