What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

DCE is just another Pearce, all good at club level but never will be up to SOO standard. He doesn't deserve all the credit for the win over the Sharks either.
Can't see how Walters would ever pick DCE before Munster or Mbye.

big hit!

Bench
DCE is just another Pearce, all good at club level but never will be up to SOO standard. He doesn't deserve all the credit for the win over the Sharks either.
did you really just type mbye? wow!

you basing that on one start after with an injury in lead up? give him 2 or 3 games.

Shorty

Staff member
He does deserve a lot of the credit, did you watch the game? He played quite well.
It's not DCE's playing ability that's necessarily in question it's his chemistry on and (supposedly) off the field with the maroons.

You would definitely try him before Mbye lol.

Eelectrica

Referee
For game three, I think QLD goes with Munster at 6 because of the combinations already established with Cronk at the Storm.
Trying to make Cronk and DCE gel in about 1 week isn't likely to happen. They both have big game experience though.
I think It's either DCE or Munster for 6. I'd definitely be picking DCE over Mbye.

Doesn't really matter who is picked if QLD forwards don't do a better job than they've done in the first two games.

isaiah

Bench
No chance of mbye getting a run. It's either dce or Corey Norman at 6 if Munster is chosen at centre. Munster is 6 if another player starts at centre

davi

Juniors
Gus Gould says that Cameron Munster has no chance playing five-eighth on debut in a decider.

Gould suggests Michael Morgan is too valuable at utility and he would pick Daly Cherry-Evans as five-eighth. But he seems to think the likely team will be Morgan at five eighth with Queensland running four forwards on the bench (Felise Kaufusi?).

Gould has also suggested he would replace Darius Boyd with Dane Gagai in the centres and bring Corey Oates on the wing. I would too but the fear from Queensland is Gagai is playing his best football on the wing, and some concern about his defense in the centres as well.

King hit

Coach

slamminsam246

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. DCE
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillet
13. Mcguire
------------------------
14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Lawrence
------------------------
18. Thaiday
19. Oates

big hit!

Bench
Gus Gould says that Cameron Munster has no chance playing five-eighth on debut in a decider.

Gould suggests Michael Morgan is too valuable at utility and he would pick Daly Cherry-Evans as five-eighth. But he seems to think the likely team will be Morgan at five eighth with Queensland running four forwards on the bench (Felise Kaufusi?).

Gould has also suggested he would replace Darius Boyd with Dane Gagai in the centres and bring Corey Oates on the wing. I would too but the fear from Queensland is Gagai is playing his best football on the wing, and some concern about his defense in the centres as well.

You'd have to be a f**kwit to move Gagai from the position he's been consistently performing well in. In all seriousness, they'd be better off recalling O'Neil to right centre and putting Chambers back on the left. O'Neil had a mare in Game 1, but he isn't normally that bad.

Munster had a blinder as the left-side half against the donkeys. For familiarity with the rest of the spine, he fits in so well it's a no brainer he should be selected in place of Thurston. Whether it's him or DCE or even Morgan, they 'll have to work on combinations as a half with the rest of the squad. Munster has the advantage of already having the familiarity with Slater-Cronk-Smith each week, and he'll slot into Thurston's left side with ease. In contrast, DCE and Morgan are both right-side defenders.

You can say selecting DCE as the half and Munster in the centres makes the team stronger. Well on paper yes. I just don't think it will be practically only 2-3 sessions to bring it all together.

King hit

Coach
I heard the Norman is being seriously considered. Would be interesting to see what kind of representative player he would make. Does seem to drop of when the going gets tough at club level. He has been good for the Eels though.

Norman's kicking game has been excellent for the Eels, don't think he's quite ready for Origin though.

We're spoiled with halves talent, Munster, DCE and Morgan all having ripper games this weekend. I'd be tempted to go with Munster due to the Storm connection.

Now if we could just get some forwards...