What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just doing my best daily telecrap impersonation. Take 3 paragraphs to quote and work with, throw context out the window and spit out some negative insult at the end

POPEYE

Coach
Not everyone likes their RL the same, I'm one that wants every club to have a Cult Leader, men like Bellamy/Flanagan/Robinson/Green. I consider Benny more of a Head Quaker, better suited to a captive audience he can monopolise . When a new prospect comes on the scene like McGregor I like to give him every chance

The same chance Flanagan was given by Cronulla supporters, he was disregarded by almost everyone else, happily I wasn't one of those. Dragon supporters should give Mary the same leeway, can't give the f**king bad neighbours bragging rights

Unless of course you're a Dragon supporter who's convinced Mary's stubbornness or lack of a footy brain is the reason the club has hit the wall, not circumstances beyond his control. I'll concede Mary the benefit of the doubt until I think he has the right players ready for cultivation, happy in the meantime that he has improved most players . . . I'm not prepared to jump a ship even if just a stowaway

This Year?

Immortal
Not everyone likes their RL the same, I'm one that wants every club to have a Cult Leader, men like Bellamy/Flanagan/Robinson/Green. I consider Benny more of a Head Quaker, better suited to a captive audience he can monopolise . When a new prospect comes on the scene like McGregor I like to give him every chance

The same chance Flanagan was given by Cronulla supporters, he was disregarded by almost everyone else, happily I wasn't one of those. Dragon supporters should give Mary the same leeway, can't give the f**king bad neighbours bragging rights

Unless of course you're a Dragon supporter who's convinced Mary's stubbornness or lack of a footy brain is the reason the club has hit the wall, not circumstances beyond his control. I'll concede Mary the benefit of the doubt until I think he has the right players ready for cultivation, happy in the meantime that he has improved most players . . . I'm not prepared to jump a ship even if just a stowaway

I can't think of one player that has improved under Mary, He doesn't give our next generation any game time except maybe 10 minutes junk time once or twice a season. He has no forward thinking on what position players should be in. The slump came before the ink dried on his new contract. If you watched any of our games after round 9 you would see how far backwards they have gone, A good coach would find ways to inspire his team and develop their skills, but somehow Mary has managed to do the opposite.

POPEYE

Coach
You may be more aware of the going's on than I ol' mate but as far as I'm concerned, until Widdop was injured the Dragons in spite of the Shaun Johnson copycat killer McCrone were chart toppers. Unless someone proves to me any Tom, Dick or f**king Harry could have got them there with the same stats I'll carry on supporting Mary the only way I can

I even want to believe, against what my eyes tell me, Mary had no choice but to persevere with player positioning because there's something I didn't know. I won't give up on the bloke because I want him to become a great coach . . . I'll wait to see if he finds a cure for curvature of the spine

POPEYE

Coach
Warriors without Foran could be a rash turning into Measles, I expected the bloke to excuse himself more before now. The Dogs should run rampant unless it's a blue moon . . . Des says thanks to Kieran

Tedesco has also done enough for the time being so we can excuse his absence and if Hayne is planning on consecutive barely passable efforts it should be a rout in Campbelltown. I'd rather see Hayne not play so I can barrack against Woods . . . fickle am I

Cowboys/Panthers has been rendered null and void as far as bragging rights go but it should at least give Moylan more Brownie Points than otherwise expected

No matter what every game Sticky's involved in is interesting, Benny's shenanigans only make the game more of a must watch

Gather around ladies and gentlemen of Adelaide, the NRL in conjunction with Ch9 happily bring you a f**king dud, all we Origin scheduling doomsayers piss ourselves with laughter . . . good to see Craig get one back

Please Mary, give Mann the #7, what have you got to lose . . . Gagai must be rooted and I couldn't bear to see McCrone benefit from an easybeat

Sharks/Seagles should have time enough not to be affected . . . for lack of another alternative has to be match of the round

POPEYE

Coach
I know I mercilessly put shit on Hayne but I have to admit the bloke is capable of turning a game as well as anyone. Although I still consider him the laziest/least value for money player in the game the question needs to be asked is he entirely to blame

In Origin II for instance if he'd passed the ball once and held on to it another time the Blues may have won, but you have to imagine what goes through his mind. Those two normal procedures would've only earned him a pat on the back. Two tries and a miraculous flick pass for another if they'd came off would have given him at least 12 months of 'Glory Be' . . . excused for another 12 months of 'Jarryd's Walkabout Tour'

Last night I could only bear up until his second try, that holier than thou smugness when his teams mates unsuccessfully tried to incorporate him in their celebrations gets me riled no end . . . when you invite a mate to your men's shed get-together and he brings a bloke like Hayne you get a chorus of "F**k no, not him"

So, the bloke who looks over shoulders trying to find a camera now thinks he redeemed himself by singlehandedly beating a team in which his opposite number . . . a better player . . . was absent. I'd like nothing better than to see the Titans go gangbusters but without Hayne . . . he can go f**k himself

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
Most purists would agree with you, but this guy has developed a symbiotic relationship with the media. The wig wearers need their messiah and he in turn needs his ego fed.

POPEYE

Coach
I should mention that Johnson played somewhere near what is expected of him against the Dogs, he at least gave the impression he was going to run to disguise when he did. . . it's a big ask for the defence when they're not sure what the most elusive ball-runner in the game is going to do

I'm positive Shaun doesn't realise how good he could be, he needs to watch the newest (Cleary) and the oldest (Thurston) to gauge what it's like not to waste half of ever set. My man of the match was Vete . . . just to be different

POPEYE

Coach
Bad back, can't sit for long . . . not as bad as Sticky's feeling though. Moving Hodgson from where he does his best work could've f**ked the ground dweller for this season, he needs to get higher . . . see the big picture

The Dragons will be licking their lips, I'll have a look at the pressers later but my bet is Mary will hunt up a giggle at the expense of redfaced Benny

Ironic that Munster may have kicked Pearce a hole to crawl through for next Origin but didn't hurt his own chances

POPEYE

Coach
When Hunt came on and immediately impressed with his kicking and defence I automatically forgot about the Raiders and Broncos. I've been defending Mary, for the most part, for so long that imagining what the Dragons could've done with Hunt consumed my thoughts. The Dragons' season is not finished but the next looks to be solidified

Funny what you think of in dire times, after each goal Munster missed the dreaded vibes told me Melbourne were going to lose but being in the position they were in didn't matter a tuppenny f**k. So impressed was I with the unexpected effort all I could think of was looking forward to next year

It'd be worth the exercise of trying to analyse the future prospects of all clubs, a purist's view of which has no need to panic, which has a plan, which is already settled and which has no f**king idea of what to do next

'Next year at your club' . . . a basic game for the multitude is allowed to be so affected by media driven manipulation that what happens in mid season is more important than the end. When dinosaurs were around the RL year started a little slower but finished with far more credibility

POPEYE

Coach
Why is that referees feel obliged to hand over possession when a ball is lost. Lamb having the ball accidentally kneed out of his hand by Frizell for instance somehow has to have a player punished. So many instances of something similar, that only need a clear 'play on', because there is no obvious 'culprit'. Do referees get paid by the stoppage, does common sense not come into it

POPEYE

Coach
Biggest winner this round was complacency, the Roosters knew they had to win but forgot how to do it. Mary's mob were the other main contender for 'Dickhead Team' of the round, I was certainly saved a lot of embarrassment by the 2nd half performance

I suppose Sticky could hold onto the complacency handle but his grip is slipping, Des almost always wins in Mt Smart doesn't he and the Panthers must've been more intent on music on the way to the game. I think it was more of the Seagles catching the Sharks napping than DCE trying for an Orgasm

It's the little things that made the round for me, like Gordon proving his goal kicking should keep him off the scrap heap, Bellamy actually believing his young'uns should've won and Mann refusing to let his dismissal from one club break his spirit

Then there was Vete, the only 'Warrior' with mongrel . . . his team mates would do well to replicate what he brings

POPEYE

Coach
Kent is talking relocation, as usual he's better late than never, won't happen of course. The Tigers look like being selected in a one-choice only survey as the team to go which would be a Band-Aid on a cut throat . . . Sydney only needs a handful of teams instead of the clusterf**k it is now

Which brings me to Ivan, the bloke who almost did what no other coach that has tried could do. He must surely be simmering under that Cool Hand Luke façade. My bet is he is scheming to remove the Tigers from relocation in the same way Flanno has made the Sharks immune from it

Flanno and Cleary strike me as soul brothers, hard to remember a coach with a bigger point to prove with the capability to do it than these two. Cleary is on a buying spree, all that remains is that he be given the same autonomy Flanno was given . . . something new to western Sydney

POPEYE

Coach
Shame about Kaysa, had he been available this week's Eels would've been as good as it gets for them. Still, the Dogs have no chance of getting close do they. Arthur will leave the team as it is, let them settle in, won't he

Mann is #7 . . . halle-f**king-lujah . . . don't let me down son. The Dragons should start this one with all guns blazing, Titans will get them if they don't. Dugan and Hayne searching for the spotlight . . . will be interesting to see if excuses or talent is the order of the day

Crikey, if Melbourne's Babes almost did the Sharks what are the big boys going to do to the Broncos. Home ground not an advantage here, still there could be an upset, Hunt on the bench a strategy to stem the tide? Or is the head bronc still a donkey stubbornly chasing the carrot . . . nasty indeed, not letting Hunt impress Kevvie

If the Sharks had of beaten the Seagles the Roosters would have a better chance against them. Be interesting to see if one, neither or both of Flanno/Robbo remedy the previous round debacle

DCE is not the same player that let Qld down in '14 or the same player that ridiculed the Titans . . . c'mon on Kevvie, he's worth a look. To that end Daly should be busting his balls against Johnson and Foran will have to try and match Green . . . lotsa luck Warriors

Only for Rapana's sake would it be nice to see the Raiders do what they're paid to do against the Cowboys. For Green's sake we need TMM to play out of his skin

Not f**king fair to make the Knights favourites, don't they have enough trouble as it is . . . and do the Tigers need to be any more embarrassed

Seriously, who would bet on the Panthers/Rabbitohs game other than someone with money to burn

ed-grimley

Bench
Why is that referees feel obliged to hand over possession when a ball is lost. Lamb having the ball accidentally kneed out of his hand by Frizell for instance somehow has to have a player punished. So many instances of something similar, that only need a clear 'play on', because there is no obvious 'culprit'. Do referees get paid by the stoppage, does common sense not come into it
Not often are "referees" and "common sense" used in the same sentence.

POPEYE

Coach
There you go fellas, Fox's 'Origin Index' is sure to keep the lights on in Wankerland . . . wonder if the thread will hit mainstream or be consigned to the Orgasm forum

POPEYE

Coach
Can't wait 'til tomorrow night, I was really pissed when Kurt Mann was squeezed out of Melbourne, the bloke didn't deserve to be an NRL victim. Hope I don't put the mockers on the bloke Mary wants to replace Dugan with

For the time being however he's going to push McCrone to the bench, should've been ESL, f**k I hope he goes gangbusters. Not because I don't like McCrone, not because Mann is the last straw, not because I want to tell Mary 'I told you so' . . . because this young bloke tries his guts out for the full 80 and he deserves better

POPEYE

Coach
It's really RL f**king sacrilege, that a team without any direction can get close to a team that inspires youngsters to play the game is disheartening. Even the Dogs' Wingers are bullies, my biggest fear is Des will grab Cronk to lead the cavemen, pushing RL back to the stone age. Moses was all over Mbye ffs . . . it must've been Toovey coaching the Seagles from on the field, Des has nfi about finesse

Normally I ridicule Golden Point as a concept but if the Dogs had've won it would be like watching the Wallabies beat the Kangaroos. Admittedly Parra need a big bopper to replace Mannah but the Eels little big men were great to watch, especially Brown and Gower, it was only Edwards that got the Dogs close

Watching Brown give it to Klemmer reminded me of Rambo Ronny, all or nothing little men don't last forever but they impress forever. Arthur needs to search NZ for a cheap bonecrusher, poaching front rowers is a waste of money

Speaking of which, Kasiano can't possibly be a 'poach' can he, he'll have to drop 20kilos to be 'cultivated' next year, won't be able to roll around like a stranded whale looking for sympathy from brain dead referees then . . . wtf is Bellamy thinking