What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Life's Good

Coach
Thinking about Brickhead getting dumped by Hughes the other day, i think the thing that pissed Hughes off was when Brickhead said "i have been calling up but your not putting me on", Hughes replied "we have a heap of callers and we cant guarantee you will get on"...Brickhead said sarcastically"Please"....thats when Hughes spat it!!
That's a good pick up. I have noticed that about Hughes getting very defensive about the show when someone questions why they talk about the Dogs so much, why they never talk other sports etc.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Thinking about Brickhead getting dumped by Hughes the other day, i think the thing that pissed Hughes off was when Brickhead said "i have been calling up but your not putting me on", Hughes replied "we have a heap of callers and we cant guarantee you will get on"...Brickhead said sarcastically"Please"....thats when Hughes spat it!!

The thing is the times that I have been unfortunate enough to have listened to Brickhead's calls, and I have heard quite a few, he just brings up the most inane garbage.

Examples include;

Talking about old park footy players from the 80's and banging on and on about them.
He introduced himself to Brett Papsworth by announcing that he knew who Brickhead was and Pappy responded by saying he wouldn't know him from a bar of soap haha.
He brings up obscure horses running at what was once Fairfield trots or Gosford and going on about the trainers who nobody knew.
He'd call out e-mailers and Adrian and challenged them to front up to him haha.
His reunion stories about refusing to pay for anything but enjoying a few free nibblies and leaving before the dinner function starting.
The Bulldogs and how great they are after one win from five.
Asking if they knew this bloke or that bloke and no one knew who he was talking about, but he'd continue to go into details about them.

Absolute drivel from a sad and self-centered dinosaur.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Listening now and they're doing their Reelin' in the Years segment. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel because they're doing Two Tits. Haha

Generalzod

Immortal
A caller rings the station talking about New Zealand rugby system, basically Tunks wasn't interested and the caller said or maybe I should talk more about the Bulldogs, after he said that the mood of the conversation changed the talking sport crew suddenly cared.

Mr Saab

Referee
I heard that call about Lions / All Blacks. Hughes got all defensive and said well you are the caller and you can discuss what you like.
Pulease.

MilkShark

First Grade
A caller rings the station talking about New Zealand rugby system, basically Tunks wasn't interested and the caller said or maybe I should talk more about the Bulldogs, after he said that the mood of the conversation changed the talking sport crew suddenly cared.
Haha I heard that.

And then of a sudden Tungst tries to remember absolutely anything he can about union to talk about.

Eion

First Grade
This poor old duck was just on. Whinged about the Aussie cricketers wanting more money...was explained to her it was more about money for the state and lower levels

She thought the Australia A team was the best team....

She then wanted to know when the SOO teams were going to be announced.

Made the boys sound like geniuses.

TonyT6

Bench
A lady rang yesterday about her Roosters membership and said "I pay $250 for the season which at the football stadium is ten games".

Tunks "how much is that in third party payments"(giggles to himself). But absolute crickets, the lady said "sorry, I don't understand".
Tunks just said "dont worry about it".

He is just a tool. The lady in question it must of been her first time on because she sounded lucid and answered everything they asked her.

Nealo 12

Bench
This poor old duck was just on. Whinged about the Aussie cricketers wanting more money...was explained to her it was more about money for the state and lower levels

She thought the Australia A team was the best team....

She then wanted to know when the SOO teams were going to be announced.

Made the boys sound like geniuses.

Yes I also heard that , really... is this what they want to promote to an interested sports audience each afternoon ?
I'm finding it difficult to listen to lately .

A lady rang yesterday about her Roosters membership and said "I pay $250 for the season which at the football stadium is ten games".

Tunks "how much is that in third party payments"(giggles to himself). But absolute crickets, the lady said "sorry, I don't understand".
Tunks just said "dont worry about it".

He is just a tool. The lady in question it must of been her first time on because she sounded lucid and answered everything they asked her.

Nah Gale has been on before I think. She makes Sue look like a MENSA candidate.

In general it's getting worse, but there are a few high quality callers of late. Just have to wait out the shit to hear them.

Eion

First Grade

In general it's getting worse, but there are a few high quality callers of late. Just have to wait out the shit to hear them.
Yeah there were a couple of good ones today. The hypocrisy over boxing one. There was another dude too...can't remember what he said now...but do remember thinking I wish he was hosting the damn thing.

But today was better as it didn't have robbo and that fool tunks.

Mr Saab

Referee
I like how Tunks has an opinion (right or wrong) unlike Robbo who has splinters in his butt, however, Tunks really really.....really needs to reduce his "humour".
The Roosters fan re $250 membership did not require Tunks to interject with Robbo level of funniness.

no name

Coach

I have a feeling that some of the calls are prank callers ala Bryce Gibbs and Heighington back the day.
If not, wow!

Latest posts