What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne, Maloney and Graham

big hit!

Bench
I should've worded it better but i was comparing Gagai's match winner with Hayne's effort to score in the corner where Morris stays on the touchline. I feel that if Morris cuts in behind Hayne, he recieves the ball and leaves the Queensland defence wrongfooted as their all sliding to stop Hayne.

about time someone else stepped away from the mob.

morris would've had to have been inspector gadget to score that try had he received the ball. he had less room than Holmes for QLD's and everyone's harping on about how that was no try. morris should have come inside.

yes, hayne made other errors in the match but he has also publicly owned his performance. graham was worse for mine as he gave away crucial penalties and that lack of defensive line discipline which allowed the McGuire line break and the first gagai try to bring QLD to 16-12, and a sniff of the match. you deal with drop balls and shit during the match, but giving up the defensive line discipline that every other player has stuck too the entire series is a f**kin cardinal sin.

in saying that, any calls for Maloney, Graham and Hayne to be dropped are a bit of an over reaction.

OldPanther

Coach
about time someone else stepped away from the mob.

morris would've had to have been inspector gadget to score that try had he received the ball. he had less room than Holmes for QLD's and everyone's harping on about how that was no try. morris should have come inside.

yes, hayne made other errors in the match but he has also publicly owned his performance. graham was worse for mine as he gave away crucial penalties and that lack of defensive line discipline which allowed the McGuire line break and the first gagai try to bring QLD to 16-12, and a sniff of the match. you deal with drop balls and shit during the match, but giving up the defensive line discipline that every other player has stuck too the entire series is a f**kin cardinal sin.

in saying that, any calls for Maloney, Graham and Hayne to be dropped are a bit of an over reaction.

I think Graham had the worst match. Pearce went missing but Graham did stupid/undisciplined stuff.

davi

Juniors
Are people seriously suggesting dropping Maloney?

Wow

James Maloney will play in game 3, but if NSW lose there is talk that the halves will be in the firing line and that includes Maloney for next year. Interestingly on the Sunday footy show they were pointing fingers that Maloney should go and not Mitchell Pearce with one panellist suggesting both should go. The name that was thrown around is Matt Moylan should be brought in next year if NSW lose. NSW selectors are losing patience, but it never seems to be with Pearce.

davi

Juniors
This year's halves should always have been Maloney and Moylan

Moylan was down on form before the side was picked for Game 1. He has picked up recently since he has been moved to five-eight, but on club form he wasn't warranted being selected at the time of selection.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan was down on form before the side was picked for Game 1. He has picked up recently since he has been moved to five-eight, but on club form he wasn't warranted being selected at the time of selection.

That's fair. If only we didn't have the weird TMM experience and Griffin freak and put Cartwright there which wasted so much time.

Shorty

Staff member
James Maloney will play in game 3, but if NSW lose there is talk that the halves will be in the firing line and that includes Maloney for next year. Interestingly on the Sunday footy show they were pointing fingers that Maloney should go and not Mitchell Pearce with one panellist suggesting both should go. The name that was thrown around is Matt Moylan should be brought in next year if NSW lose. NSW selectors are losing patience, but it never seems to be with Pearce.
Pearce is fantastic at club level and certainly clutch there.
I think they think if they keep waiting Pearce will suddenly become clutch at origin level.
You either have it or you don't.
And unfortunately Papa probably puts even more pressure on him I'm sure.

Woosh

Head Moderator
So Hayne put in a MOTM performance against the Tigers.
He's not going to get dropped now!

TheFrog

Coach
Graham did stupid/undisciplined stuff.
He did what works at Cronulla, who have the biggest, meanest forward pack around and when on their game are able to defend his penalties (and those of Lewis as well). Up against a highly motivated maroons outfit, NSW could not do likewise.

Hayne was never going to be dropped. He could rip Queensland to shreds in the final game, thats the sort of player he is. I'll be astounded if the side isn't 1-17 from last game, barring injuries.

James Maloney will play in game 3
Suspect it will be his last Origin game though, unless Pearce has another incident before next series.

Moylan was down on form before the side was picked for Game 1.
Absolutely correct, but like most playmakers, he needs solid go-forward in order to work his magic. Which of course was sadly lacking at Penrith earlier in the season.

Last edited:

sandshark

Bench
Yep, he won't be dropped unless ruled out through injury or suspension.
Don't like the bloke but he can play when he wants to play.
No other NSW centre comes close at the moment unless they are looking to the future with Bird or Walker.

isaiah

Bench
Great work by Ikin last night to bring up this left side weakness again. Put doubt into their minds
When the 60 min mark arrives again, the big 3 self destruct. It's all in their feeble minds. Only prob is Wade can play well every second game like his club form.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Hayne and Graham OMFG.
Even Dane my friend Dane manage to run over Hayne!!

Latest posts