What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

ImTheMan

Juniors
Speaking for myself and all other Roosters I know...no, we don't think that.

We're just happy to be near the 8 after last year's debacle. If we can scrape into the semis, I will be happy.

PS - I think Souffs will dust us tonight...can't tell you how much it hurts to say that,

Interesting, thank you for your insight! So the boys are just stirring the pot to get a reaction. Typical

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
Rabbitohs beat Panthers by 50.... Roosters beat Rabbitohs quite easily without the following players:
PEARCE, Mitchell
CORDNER, Boyd
FERGUSON, Blake
NAPA, Dylan
TAUKEAHIO, Siousia
KENNY-DOWALL, Shaun
CARTER, Paul
COPLEY, Dale

And with the following players going off injured mid-game:
WATSON, Connor
GORDON, Michael

And with the following liabilities:
GUERRA, Aidan
EVANS, Kane

I would confidently say that the Premiership is heading to Bondi in October 2017...

BuddPanther

Juniors
Rabbitohs beat Panthers by 50.... Roosters beat Rabbitohs quite easily without the following players:
PEARCE, Mitchell
CORDNER, Boyd
FERGUSON, Blake
NAPA, Dylan
TAUKEAHIO, Siousia
KENNY-DOWALL, Shaun
CARTER, Paul
COPLEY, Dale

WATSON, Connor
GORDON, Michael

GUERRA, Aidan
EVANS, Kane

I would confidently say that the Premiership is heading to Bondi in October 2017...
And Roosters beat Panthers on a forward pass.....

The Sydney Roosters, without their 4 Origin stars, and with 2 other stars injured, beat South Sydney (who last week had thumped the Panthers). This proves that the Roosters are the real deal this year.

POPEYE

Coach
The Sydney Roosters, without their 4 Origin stars, and with 2 other stars injured, beat South Sydney (who last week had thumped the Panthers). This proves that the Roosters are the real deal this year.
Couldn't have done it without Klein, still, I like your work

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors

The premise was fine.
The rest might be fake news.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Real deals don't get thumped 32- 8 and 44 -12 against fellow top 8 contenders Brisbane & Cronulla.
The Sharks thumping really showed how far off the Roosters are to the top teams.

Sydney Roosters now in 3rd place after beating South Sydney and having the disappointing Penrith Panthers knock over the Manly Sea Eagles.

horrie hastings

First Grade
PEARCE, Mitchell
CORDNER, Boyd
FERGUSON, Blake
NAPA, Dylan
TAUKEAHIO, Siousia
KENNY-DOWALL, Shaun
CARTER, Paul
COPLEY, Dale

WATSON, Connor
GORDON, Michael

GUERRA, Aidan
EVANS, Kane

What's Dale Copley got to do with it :confused: last time I checked he plays for the Titans. Also SKD isn't on the Roosters books anymore, same with Carter.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Real deals don't get thumped 32- 8 and 44 -12 against fellow top 8 contenders Brisbane & Cronulla.
The Sharks thumping really showed how far off the Roosters are to the top teams.

Well if you are going to use that as a rule Cronulla must not be the real deal either because they got thumped by Manly the week before 35-18.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Well if they are going to figure in the big dance at the end of the season the road has been made much harder now with Michael Gordon ruled out for 8 weeks :(