What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong RL interview

DlEHARD

Juniors
Thanks great to hear from James Hall, he was the ideal founding Chairman who came with experience and passion. Also was always building the HKRL so it can grow and be sustainable.

Dakink

Bench
Haven't had the chance to have a listen yet.

Is the comp primarily ex pats or are more locals taking up the game? Love reading about comps like Hong Kong, USA, Scandinavia etc. Wish I could watch more from these places.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Haven't had the chance to have a listen yet.

Is the comp primarily ex pats or are more locals taking up the game? Love reading about comps like Hong Kong, USA, Scandinavia etc. Wish I could watch more from these places.

As James outlines, players come from many places. But HKRL are fortunate to truly have many Hongkongese players, helps having a boardmember from that background and can speak Cantonese. HKTag which is thriving is also an excellent pathway.

Expats form the foundation, and through their passion and experience can bring others into the game. HKRL is very alarm to people being new to the game and also giving people a go. It's a good mix and probably years ahead of where I expected.

We are getting to the point where people know about us and start playing as soon as they are off the plane. Expats come from all over the world, UK, NZ, AUS, France, Pacific Islands, you name it. It's a regular United Nations of Rugby League in Hong Kong.

Latest posts