What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is our backline coach?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Serious question, who looks after our backline in the coaching department? Because whoever it is is letting the side down something terrible. MacDonald, Lafai, have gone backwards from what they can and have produced at other clubs, Aitken still can't handle the high ball, Dugan still won't pass, the backline have no moves to speak of, the defensive structure they use is useless, etc etc.

Strength and conditioning seems fine, forwards going OK, but backline performance remains a huge weakness.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Mary ???? Craig Young ??? LOL

No arguement that Mary has been a poor coach, but I would have expected him to know a fair bit about backline play. Instead its probably the worst performing aspect of the team. Maybe Craig Young is taking the backs on training runs.

getsmarty

Immortal
No arguement that Mary has been a poor coach, but I would have expected him to know a fair bit about backline play. Instead its probably the worst performing aspect of the team. Maybe Craig Young is taking the backs on training runs.

In all seriousness I am Sure Mary is involved especially after the return of the Block plays we used last year making a comeback over the last month or so. Has to be because no one else would bring in something that didn't work a year earlier and convince themselves that it is suddenly going to work now.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
In all seriousness I am Sure Mary is involved especially after the return of the Block plays we used last year returning over the last month or so. Has to be because no one else would bring in something that didn't work a year earlier and convince themselves that it is suddenly going to work now.
The fact that we've moved so far away from what worked for us at the start of the year and took up a structure that failed for us last year (one that Mary swears by and came into our team under his micormanagement) indicates that he is in control of it all.

denis preston

First Grade
Any discussion and evaluation of Mary as coach HAS to include Hornby & Young. I think when things go to shit , like now, if you were really confident & pissed off because the head coach wasn't listening to you you would resign. This is not happening so you would deduce that both assistance coaches either scream to Coyne or get another job and get off the gravy train

coastiedragon

Juniors
Spot on what Benny V said.
What has happened ?????
We were playing footy. Great up the middle, playing through the line with some off loads not this fumble to the left,bumble to the right and then a studder and shit kick
Let's play like we did before we signed mcnumbnuts get some nasal spray bit premature

possm

Coach
Any discussion and evaluation of Mary as coach HAS to include Hornby & Young. I think when things go to shit , like now, if you were really confident & pissed off because the head coach wasn't listening to you you would resign. This is not happening so you would deduce that both assistance coaches either scream to Coyne or get another job and get off the gravy train
What you say is correct in the real world. However, at the Dragons there is a culture of no accountability and so officials would never leave unless they were sacked. No way they could hope to find such a cruizy well paid job elsewhere.