What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLNT to get a new home

Emu01

Juniors
Great news! Parramatta play a game there each season. This might encourage more games to be played in Darwin.

Or perhaps an Nrl team out of Darwin could be a possibility.

Haffa

I'd prefer the 50 million return to Richardson park but after what happened in 2014 and the costs associated with keeping that place running I can see why its not really viable. This is fantastic news for NTRL. Being able to use TIO for NRL games and having a purpose built stadium at Warren Park makes sense. As a former Souths Old Boy I'm a little bit bias at the location too.

Haffa

Great news! Parramatta play a game there each season. This might encourage more games to be played in Darwin.

The new ground will only hold 1500. TIO will still be used for any NRL Games.

Unless they opt to re-do Richo Park..

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I can’t read the article but I thought the Nrl and ntnrl wanted Richardson park developed. What has now happened is a Nt afl club has had there field, warren park given the money for the development. Putting public money into a privately own afl club. Hope ntrl clubs don’t get screwed in the long term. Still good news that the nt is spending money on rugby league. It’s a start.

flippikat

Bench

That's one of the real quirks of the draw that I don't understand.

Parra take a game to Darwin every year, yet the NRL can't get it together to have a game in Adelaide every year - a major city with a huge population.

Sure, they have very little history in the game, but there's far more scope for growth there than in NT.

A000-LOCATION_PLAN.jpg

Warren_Park_Stadium_CONCEPT_PRESPECTIVE.jpg
WARREN_PARK_SITE_PLAN_170622.jpg

Key features of the proposed design

The NT Government has consulted closely with the key stakeholders in this project, to develop the proposed design of the new Warren Park.

The key features of the proposed design include:

• three full sized fields one to national standard
  • 1500 capacity grandstand facilities
  • NRL compliant change room facilities
  • corporate facilities
  • food facilities
  • over 600 car parks
  • flexibility to host other events.

beave

Coach
Would have been better off making the grandstand 4k capacity and shifting the other 2 grounds away from the main one a bit and putting a hill all the way around it so it could take on a 10-12k capacity for FG NRL games (trials/regular season games).

I think a little extra money and planning could see it actually used by the NRL a couple of times a year.

T to the T

Juniors
They are building with the intention of it be8ng a home base for a nt nsw Cup,side in 2020.
Wouldn't a QLD Cup spot make more sense than a NSW Cup spot? I do like the idea of using the state level competitions as a method of expansion for areas that won't be able to sustain an NRL team (PNG, Fiji, Darwin and possibly Samoa).

Latest posts