What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

Bunnylife

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Walker
4. Bird
5. Ferguson
6. Gutherson
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Trbojevic

14. Crichton
15. Vaughan
16. Jackson
17. Merrin
18. Moylan
19. Peachey
20. N.Brown
21. Johnston

Throwing a couple of names into the wolves like Brown and Crichton but i think NSW have no choice but to go with what's good at club level.

Johnston would be a criticial selection but he is the NRL's Top-Try scorer and picking players out of position just isn't working - He is a better option than Brett Morris and all other good winger's aren't NSW eligible such as Oates, Rapana, Holmes, Vunivalu and so on Hayne may score a centre position but it depends on form at NRL level in my opinion and not reputation as this year carried him.

I think Turbo will get in as he is the Blues answer to Holmes and has a little more edge.

I probably have missed some players so please correct me.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Dugan
4. Walker
5. Trbojevic
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. De Belin
15. Vaughan
16. Graham
17. Bird

Coach: Trent Robinson

I'm a huge HUGE fan of Crichton but I'd give him another year in FG before he begins a 10 year Blues career in 2019.

Brown is a really smokie and should be in the conversation.

dogz08

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. T. Trbojevic
3. Walker
4. Roberts
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Klemmer
9. Peats
10 Fifita
11. Graham
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Peachey
15, Vaughan
16. J. Trbojevic
17. Crichton

Bronco18

Juniors
Gotta say, I'm not sure what Dugan offers at centre. Never really looks threatening. Certainly can't set up his outside man.

He got a try tonight because his opposing player missed a catch. Looked strong against a NZ team that put up a ~pathetic~ effort. That's it.

MKCS

Juniors
1. James Tedesco

2. Tom T

3. Jarryd Hayne (If in good form, if not then I'd be alright with Jennings or another centre getting a run)

4. Josh Dugan

5. James Roberts

6. Matt Moylan

7. James Maloney

8. Shannon Boyd (Unless Woods finds phenomenal form)

9. Nathan Peats

10. Andrew Fifita

11. Boyd Cordner (C)

12. Tyson Frizell

13. Jake T

14. Paul Vaughan

15. David Klemmer

16. Jack De Belin

17. Jack Bird

Coach: Craig Bellamy (If he is even remotely interested he needs to be there. I'd throw massive money at him)

Whoever gets considered for the coaching job after Daley, and I really think that Daley will be asked to come back next year, will feel that they have been offered a poisoned chalice.

Daley is the most successful coach for NSW in the past 12 years. He'll be back.

Few points to note

- Hayne is a right side centre, not left. If he's there he has to be on the right or fullback/wing.

- Dugan is either at fullback or not in the team.

- Fergo shouldn't be there at all.

- Frizzell should be on the edges.

- There should be another genuine prop on the bench.

- Daley needs to be fired.

- Pearce... no comment.

A few corrections to make

Hayne is a myth

Dugan once boasted that he was going to be a better fullback than Slater

Ferguson is a myth

Frizzell is a myth

NSW's forward superiority is a myth

Daley should be welcomed back with open arms

Pearce will not only be selected for Origin again, but will assume the Captaincy eventually.

beave

Coach
Are blues fans actually picking players?

Go get some sleep FFS, you boys will get ulcers over this shit.

Face it, your state sucks balls when it comes to our great game.

Its been proven too many times to not be a fallacy.

Jason Maher

Immortal
2018 team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Matt Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. David Klemmer
9. Nathan Peats
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Wade Graham
13. Tyson Frizell

14. Josh Jackson
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Shannon Boyd
17. Paul Vaughan

Major squad changes won't achieve anything. With one glaring exception, we have close to the team that is capable of winning. Yes, a lot of them dogged it tonight, but dumping a swathe of them is not the correct reaction. We know the likes of Cordner, Graham, Fifita, Frizell, Jackson, Hayne, Maloney, and Dugan can do the job at this level because they have done so previously, unlike one Mitchell Pearce esquire. Peats is not ideal, but there truly is no one better knocking on the door. And he is still an improvement on Farah. Certainly there is an argument that if Dugan and Hayne are not at fullback, which they shouldn't be because Tedesco is clearly superior, then they shouldn't be out of position, but I don't see too many alternatives demanding selection. Dylan Walker, Tom Trbojevic, and maybe James Roberts are the only ones that spring immediately to mind, and Tom T would also be out of position (funnily enough never seems to hurt Queenslanders like Boyd and Morgan). Mansour should regain his spot from Morris if fit. I do not think we need a back on the bench, and Bird is good enough to start.

The biggest change we need is at the top. Piss Daley off, and we might have a chance of turning this talent into a winning squad capable of repeating game 1.

As he is going to be the best player in the universe NSW might as well just chuck Nick Cotric in nice and early imo

As a raiders fan you can trust my opinion on raiders juniors
In a few years he could be a genuine option, him and Moses Suli from the Tigers look really talented.

A few corrections to make

Hayne is a myth

Dugan once boasted that he was going to be a better fullback than Slater

Ferguson is a myth

Frizzell is a myth

NSW's forward superiority is a myth

Daley should be welcomed back with open arms

Pearce will not only be selected for Origin again, but will assume the Captaincy eventually.
Cmonnnn

oldmancraigy

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. ?Hayne
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Jack Bird
5. Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. ? Reynolds/ Keary/ Moylan

8. Woods/ Fifita (i thought Woods was way better games 2 and 3)
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Graham
12. Cordner/ Frizell (whomever is in better form)
13. Trbojevic

14. Vaughan
15. Crichton
16. Brown (plays 13 after 20 and Trbo 2nd stint at prop)
17. ?some utility?

Latest posts