What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

POPEYE

Coach
Yeah because tackling a forward hard and around the legs has never been done before, ever.
That's how a renowned lousy defender can be given a new life. Steve Mortimer could make a quid coaching players like Moses in the fine art of stopping players one-on-one . . . let the 2nd or 3rd man in worry about stopping the ball

Mr Saab

Referee
I disagree. Fittler debuted early and look how it ruined him.

Fittler debuted in the centers at a time when Daley and Stuart were the dominant halves with Elias at hooker....pretty good spine if you ask me.
Thus wins/losses didnt fall on his shoulders unless he had a barry, and he didnt.
Added to that Fittler won 1990/2/3/4 so he won 4 out of his first 5 yrs to setup a pretty good NSW culture until Gibson in 1990 and Gus 92-96.

Pearce debuted way way way before his time against a crazy QLD team and the rest is history.

Saxon

Bench
Certainly the most fired up I saw him last night was in about the 78th or 79th minute after yet another NSW mistake - the camera was on him and he was blowing up deluxe at someone about something.... I was hoping the camera panned away to show that he was looking in a mirror....
Was that when he was giving Fafita the rounds of the kitchen for dropping a Pierced pass that came closer to his ankles than his knees?

Saxon

Bench
Not that I want give NSW any ideas, but I wonder why no-one has raised Blake Green as part of a future NSW halves combination?

TheFrog

Coach
Not that I want give NSW any ideas, but I wonder why no-one has raised Blake Green as part of a future NSW halves combination?
He's having a pretty good season in a surprisingly well-performed side, but he's on the crusty side of 30 and you'd have to think his window of opportunity is closed. The focus is more on the Nathan Cleary's, blokes who have their career ahead of them. Green wouldnt have been any worse than the half they picked though.

gregstar

Referee
remember when people thought it couldn't get any worse than finch?

remember the FOF rally-cry?

bawahahahahahaha!

Pearce will likely be back in a NSW Blues jersey next year because he will be shining for the Roosters in 2018, especially with Tedesco at full back.

JJ

Immortal
Pearce will likely be back in a NSW Blues jersey next year because he will be shining for the Roosters in 2018, especially with Tedesco at full back.
Yeah, in reality he's too good to leave out - I mean he's only had 18-odd chances, I'd be giving him another 12 games or so to find his feet - not like he's an experienced Origin player or anything

Mr Saab

Referee
Pearce could win every man of the match award leading up to state of origin and I still wouldn't pick him. His origin career is finished

Pearce origin career over? If the 2015 result of 52-6 was not the trigger factor for the red pen to go through his name then nothing ever will, not even 2017 result.

The odds of Pearce donning the Blue NSW 7 jersey are more favourable than the red pen.

Remember Kimmorley after 2005, the "red pen" came out, but then the liquid paper followed a few yrs later.

gregstar

Referee
He should be given another go.

He has gained valuable experience & has matured as a halfback. He now knows what is required to win at this level.

He will be in his prime & with this all behind him, he could really dominate the next series.

The selectors cannot afford to waste his desire to prove the doubters wrong.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe Gould's halfback academy will eventually produce a decent NSW half again? Lets hope its quicker than his Panthers 5 year plan!