What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders game

monsterkev

Juniors
I like Mann. He has a crack. And I don't think that he should be dropped for making a few errors, most players do make a few errors. But I wont say that he has had a great game when he dropped the ball in an absolutely crucial moment. I can forgive the playing the ball sideways as he was hurt in a head knock but it didn't help. It was far from a great game, cmon!
Macdonald had a bettet game as did McCrone as much as the people here loath to admit it
Blame the dropped ball on a shit pass from m'crone that should not have been thrown
And by the way McInnes dropped the ball on the first tackle and how many times did Dugan drop the ball all at crucial times
So stop watching certain aspects of the game and watch the whole game and the blame goes on the whole team
But Widdop as captain keeps making stupid decisions which will keep costing us

getsmarty

Immortal
Where to from here? We have won 3 out of our last 10 games. Hope we can dig ourselves out of this hole but it has an all to familiar ring to it.
At the end of the day it's just a game of footy.....sorry I feel like the passion has been sucked out of the game and I am personally finding that its just not worth the effort getting upset about it anymore...Life's too short and unfortunately watching the Dragons play has given me little pleasure over the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Well that lost hurt, however I will got give up on the boys until they are out of the 8 and have no chance of making it. I think they show more tonight than they did against the Titans. I still have faith, I will not give up on the Dragons.

I won't give up on the players either but l've long given up on the coach.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
Thought exactely the same thing when Dugan tapped and ran and lost possession....I said to my wife what the hell was that all about if we had found the touchline we would have been further upfield with another set........as you say just impulsive dumb play

Lol sounds like your wife and my wife had to listen to the same conversation all game! Pretty sure all my wife heard during that second half were the words dumb, stupid, f@$k, dumb, morons, idiots etc....

Dragons have a great forward pack. If they were steered around by a player of cronks ability they would be a really competitive side.
Thats what people will want from Hunt and they will be disappointed imo.

Hunt is a runner of the ball and has a limited kicking game.

Widdop also a runner of the ball with limited vision and organising skills.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Thats what people will want from Hunt and they will be disappointed imo.

Hunt is a runner of the ball and has a limited kicking game.

Widdop also a runner of the ball with limited vision and organising skills.

Hunt could be good. It's hard to see him lead the side as well as Cronk or JT but he'll definitely do his job better than Mccrone.

Hunt may have a breakout season next year though!

Widdop's form is down. I remember watching the dragons at the start of the year and he was picture perfect. Now it's way down.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Lol sounds like your wife and my wife had to listen to the same conversation all game! Pretty sure all my wife heard during that second half were the words dumb, stupid, f@$k, dumb, morons, idiots etc....
Ha ha yeah can add a few more but cant remember them now....can remember though my wife having a go at me for swearing so much.....must admit before the game I was never confident but when we started so well and looked like we had come to play I thought hello this looks positive , and when we kept them out for that long 10 mins before half time and absorbed the ridiculous penalty count against us it gave me some renewed energy....but then some stupid options , dropped ball and of course that intercept I lost it again Im ashamed to say...the rest is history....I guess thats the frustration and pain of being a Dragons tragic

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Now, I think the boys ALL had a go last night and played some pretty good footy at times. So, where did it go wrong? For mine its:
1. Our attacking formations within the strike zone are predictable and somewhat laughable at times.
2. Injuries. Dugan should not have played in the first place but add his HIA along with Packer (7th min), Nighty's corked thigh, Mann HIA and even JDB was a little dusty, and we were looking thin. At one stage we had 1 on the bench. Add Friz not playing as well.
3. Selections: I thought Milne did ok when he came on, added a lot of enthusiasm and a great pass to Dugan (who of course spilled it). However, a Dufty type player would have burnt them up, especially with around 10 to go with there forwards plodding along and we just joined in the plod-a-thon.
4: The Red Rag. IMO we wear the Red V last night we win. Why? Because the Red V means something....pride, passion, history. The Red Rag means very little in this department so it would not give you that little lift when you need it most.
5: Widdop. I thought played his best game since rd8 but lacks the necessary angst to lead a team IMO. He should have been right in Atkins face about the Dugan incident, he wasn't, although I thought i heard him politely ask a question about it. Imagine if it was Cam Smith or James Graeme. Widdop also needs to "go to" the line more. How many tries has Nighty scored because he went to the line and attracted players leaving Nighty unmarked?

The boys did put in last night and I bet they're more gutted they lost (given the circumstances of injuries etc) than we are. Let's just not death ride them yet. We need to win 3 games of the 7 to make the finals, at least, in some way, that's still a positive even in its remotist form.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Now, I think the boys ALL had a go last night and played some pretty good footy at times. So, where did it go wrong? For mine its:
1. Our attacking formations within the strike zone are predictable and somewhat laughable at times.
2. Injuries. Dugan should not have played in the first place but add his HIA along with Packer (7th min), Nighty's corked thigh, Mann HIA and even JDB was a little dusty, and we were looking thin. At one stage we had 1 on the bench. Add Friz not playing as well.
3. Selections: I thought Milne did ok when he came on, added a lot of enthusiasm and a great pass to Dugan (who of course spilled it). However, a Dufty type player would have burnt them up, especially with around 10 to go with there forwards plodding along and we just joined in the plod-a-thon.
4: The Red Rag. IMO we wear the Red V last night we win. Why? Because the Red V means something....pride, passion, history. The Red Rag means very little in this department so it would not give you that little lift when you need it most.
5: Widdop. I thought played his best game since rd8 but lacks the necessary angst to lead a team IMO. He should have been right in Atkins face about the Dugan incident, he wasn't, although I thought i heard him politely ask a question about it. Imagine if it was Cam Smith or James Graeme. Widdop also needs to "go to" the line more. How many tries has Nighty scored because he went to the line and attracted players leaving Nighty unmarked?

The boys did put in last night and I bet they're more gutted they lost (given the circumstances of injuries etc) than we are. Let's just not death ride them yet. We need to win 3 games of the 7 to make the finals, at least, in some way, that's still a positive even in its remotist form.
Good post

thebigredv

First Grade
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...raiders-dragons-nrl/no8gx5uh9jpr17eou3vaf2fex

Imagine if it were Thurston or Smith and not Dugan last night. Papali staying on shows how influenced the referee was last night. High and with intent at a head that constantly cops it when opposition start to panic against the Dragons.

Frizell gets a week for touching a ref, how many weeks does Papali get for that foul act?? And what's more, what good is it to us?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hunt could be good. It's hard to see him lead the side as well as Cronk or JT but he'll definitely do his job better than Mccrone.

Widdop's form is down. I remember watching the dragons at the start of the year and he was picture perfect. Now it's way down.
Yes Widdop is struggling.....I guess when your the skipper and your team is sliding fast its an enormous weight to carry.....but having said that thats why hes in charge ...hopefully Hunts footy brain will alleviate some of the pressure all be it next year....along with these obvious problems Packer and Lafai have contributed bugger all in these last few months....may get shot down here but signing Lafai and Aitken and letting Milne go may come back to bite us.....yes Milne has made some errors but I still believe he was poorly treated by our coach by his limited selection ....based on the way he finished last year I believe if he had of been given a fair go early on he would have been ok

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...raiders-dragons-nrl/no8gx5uh9jpr17eou3vaf2fex

Imagine if it were Thurston or Smith and not Dugan last night. Papali staying on shows how influenced the referee was last night. High and with intent at a head that constantly cops it when opposition start to panic against the Dragons.

Frizell gets a week for touching a ref, how many weeks does Papali get for that foul act?? And what's more, what good is it to us?
And to add, the refereeing this year with its interpretation of the so called rules is the worst its ever been right across the board....its bad enough the shit thats let go in Origin just to make it a spectacle but the inconsistency in the club games is deplorable......even the play the ball I lost count how many times The Raiders forwards in particular just rolled the ball back without a boot touching it

getsmarty

Immortal

Most of our tries come from the left edge. Widdop is being marked heavily. Teams have worked it out. No PLAN B.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yes Widdop is struggling.....I guess when your the skipper and your team is sliding fast its an enormous weight to carry.....but having said that thats why hes in charge ...hopefully Hunts footy brain will alleviate some of the pressure all be it next year....along with these obvious problems Packer and Lafai have contributed bugger all in these last few months....may get shot down here but signing Lafai and Aitken and letting Milne go may come back to bite us.....yes Milne has made some errors but I still believe he was poorly treated by our coach by his limited selection ....based on the way he finished last year I believe if he had of been given a fair go early on he would have been ok

Well if hunt does take over maybe that will give Widdop more freedom to roam and do what he does best. So hunt could be really positive in that way. Widdop has shown that he can kick pretty well tbh.

Something that I don't understand in the slightest is why McGregor is playing milne when he is leaving next year? Whatever happened to looking to the future.

getsmarty

Immortal
Well if hunt does take over maybe that will give Widdop more freedom to roam and do what he does best. So hunt could be really positive in that way. Widdop has shown that he can kick pretty well tbh.

Something that I don't understand in the slightest is why McGregor is playing milne when he is leaving next year? Whatever happened to looking to the future.

Gould commented on Milne on the bench..insinuated that it was most unorthodox to be carrying a centre on the bench...although it was handy.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Yep..cannot believe he wasn't put in the bin.. Will probably get suspended but that is no help to us now is it..

The other major point is we never seem to win Golden point or the close games. We just lack the killer instinct.

Disgusting how he wasnt sent off for that dog shot IMO.

....also add in that none of our big boys react, simply no heart or even pride. At least grab that piece of shit Papali by his throat. Something FFS.

Remember Jeremy Smith, Costigan, Weyman?
Whats happened to us???

Latest posts