What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He really lived up to his name Wed night didn't he.
Not even 1 offload
Slow,lazy and embarrassing in front of millions of TVs viewers.
I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out of the Manly game on Sunday
We have missed a bullet resigning this plodder.Sorry to all the doggy supporters
Karma is a bitch Hillbilly.Good riddance

Tiger05

First Grade
Basically he is a shithouse prop. I'm so glad we haven't resigned him.

When it comes to attack he is great when he gets offloads away and he can ballplay a little as well. That helps our team. The problem is that he doesn't do that regularly. He also gets consistent metres.

His negatives though are slow play the balls, poor lazy defence & soft slow runs. He consistently makes it hard for us when we are on the attack. He doesn't give our team a roll on. In defence he is always the player not backing up on the inside or missing a tackle.

Overall he just isn't worth decent dollars and in the team setting his negatives consistently outweigh his positives.

I rate him as a decent NRL level prop that for some reason has been viewed as one of the best props in the game. I don't get it but I think that a lot of fans are starting to realise it.

I've got no issues with his offence but defence is a massive weakness. He's a poor lateral mover and shows a marked lack or urgency and effort. These are the key areas that are the difference between playing in September or going on holidays. And this is our captain who you expect to lead by example.

I guarantee if you look at his tackle numbers then review the game (any game) 80% of his tackle count will be second or third man in. It's rare he makes first impact.

On Wednesday all our forwards were running one out which made it easy for the QLD'ers to gang tackle then and wrap up the ball. It's hard to believe that a group on people could get stupider from experience but that's what happened. I'm a big believer that origin prize money should be winner takes all. Then you might see some NSW urgency and effort.

In the last 12 years it's been

1. 0 premierships
2. 0 grand finals
3. 2 times making the semi's (2 wins 3 losses)
4. 1 origin series win

It's not easy being a NSW or Tigers fan. As they say in the classics, there's always next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woods is a flat track bully prop. He is decent at club level but against a decent pack he needs another prop to do the dirty work so he can do the easy runs on the 4th tackle and then look for the offload. If you added up the amount of hit ups he made before tackle 3 (excluding kick off) they would probably be in single figures.

He was good in Origin 1 because Fifita ran riot. With fifita being contained on Wednesday Woods was not a threat

I personally reckon good wingers are under valued in today's game. They're expected to do the job of the forwards in the early tackles of every set, be able to be in position to take aussie rules marks in the in goal (often while being double teamed,) be on their wing to take advantage of any overlap, and be back to cover the long kick in defence.

Nofo would do more genuine work than any of our forwards with the exception of ET.

King hit

Coach
I bet him and Tedesco can't wait to leave and get away from such dickhead Tigers fans like the ones I've been seeing. Good career choice.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I bet him and Tedesco can't wait to leave and get away from such dickhead Tigers fans like the ones I've been seeing. Good career choice.
Thank you Mrs Woods
Great career choice for the Tigers more like it.
Bogan,illiterate,hillbilly.
Think he must have spent too much time around Galloway at training.....2 pillows.
But it is what it is...you know,you know.

Last edited:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Woods is a flat track bully prop. He is decent at club level but against a decent pack he needs another prop to do the dirty work so he can do the easy runs on the 4th tackle and then look for the offload. If you added up the amount of hit ups he made before tackle 3 (excluding kick off) they would probably be in single figures.

He was good in Origin 1 because Fifita ran riot. With fifita being contained on Wednesday Woods was not a threat
I agree with that.
Zero intimidation.
No physical presence,no muscle
never runs hard
Only excels against weak weak teams...2 come to mind ,against Warriors last year in NZ and few weeks against Knights.
I think he gets picked in SOO for comedy relief.Always has that stupid smiley look on his face when hes not spitting water out of a bottle.
Wonder what his boyfriend Clementine is going to do in 2018 SOO without hillbilly in the side.

simmo1

First Grade
Where were all these people bagging the bloke the past two or three years? Basically the same player he always was, but now he has signed elsewhere so he is now shithouse.

His behaviour at the beginning of the year annoyed me too, but ffs that was 3 months ago now.

Tiger05

First Grade
Where were all these people bagging the bloke the past two or three years? Basically the same player he always was, but now he has signed elsewhere so he is now shithouse.

His behaviour at the beginning of the year annoyed me too, but ffs that was 3 months ago now.

I've been bagging him for ages.

I also reckon wingers are really important. They often provide tough hit-ups and spark to a team.

As for those guys looking forward to leaving. That is true but it's because they are class A f**kwits. It has nothing to do with loyal fans. They are a disgrace to our club.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Simmo
ive never been a fan of his for 2 to 3 years.....couldnt work out what SOO selectors saw in him...Well we saw Wed night didnt we?
Im glad hes gone,we would have been mad to shell out 1 mill for this bogan.
A question...Whens the last time you saw him intimidate???????NEVER
hes in the mould of Mannah and Tollman.
Nofa has taken more hitups than Hillbilly over those 3 years

Tiger Woody

Juniors
you better change your avator
Tommy would be kicking Hillbilly up the arse if he was playing in the same team....

Vic Mackey

Referee

from my experience most tigers fans had liked woods but always saw him for what he was, a good first grade prop, great motor with a decent offload. however ever since i can remember we have always been bemused by his lack of aggression, sloppy defence and slow play the ball. he was seen as a likable guy who bleed for the club so those deficiancies werent magnified as much as they should have been.

now that the guy totally shat on the club his 'character' isnt there to hid the flaws in his game. no one will ever say he is a bad player (have a look at the knights game thread and everyone is wrapping him), but we are more so recognising him for the true level he is at.

Tiger05

First Grade
Vic - I'd love for Woods to have stayed on fair money. He should be paid as per being a good first grade prop. He shouldn't make any rep teams. He isn't at that level. We were going to overpay him but another club were dumb enough to outbid us. It's great when there is a greater fool than you.

Now I'm just glad he is gone. As you state his character makes him really unlikable. I think Turdesco is worse than Sharon though. What a piece of shit that guy is.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Vic - I'd love for Woods to have stayed on fair money. He should be paid as per being a good first grade prop. He shouldn't make any rep teams. He isn't at that level. We were going to overpay him but another club were dumb enough to outbid us. It's great when there is a greater fool than you.

Now I'm just glad he is gone. As you state his character makes him really unlikable. I think Turdesco is worse than Sharon though. What a piece of shit that guy is.
Totally agree as turdesco is a major league deadshit bereft of integrity whereas the bogan is basically very naive & hence Cleary ought to immediately hand the captaincy to rowdy or elijah !!

Shredder

Juniors
Woods is solid - and thats about it.

What he isnt is the number one prop in a side. He goes OK when someone else goes OK. He provides service, but not muscle.

He would have fit in great with our purchases for next year and will play well with the dogs with Graham shouldering most of the work.

We wont miss him, especially for the money he wants.