What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris has retired from representative football

Shorty

Staff member
I bet he was forced to retire for the likes of Turbo/Mansour

Quality player who stil has atleast 3-4 years left in nrl
I doubt it, defensively he saved at least 3 trys this series and did his job.
But he looked exhausted out there, like the whole experience takes too much out of him these days.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
He is the incumbent and a long-term automatic pick for Aus. He played Origin 3 days ago.

You are obviously trying to be funny, but you're not.

That 'automatic' status is extremely tenuous with the form of Holmes. The left wing is his for any rep side.

Gagai is a WL Medal winner, so it is a brave selector that pushes Morris to the right.

As to NSW next year, who the hell knows? So you don't appear to have thought this through very well.

This Year?

Immortal
With all due respect to Brett Morris, he does not qualify as a player who can 'retire' from rep football.

Quality player but not that good.

With all due respect he was that good. His form hasn't been great since going to Canterbury with injuries plaguing him, but in his prime he was the top 5 wingers in the world. I was surprised he got selected for this SOO series, but I think he has the right to decide when to step aside for the young talent coming through.

Champion player and one of the nicest blokes in rugby league,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Only player I know who can bend both the defensive line and the sideline..

touchie-2010.jpg

BennyV

Referee
In his prime, arguably the best pure winger of all time. Definitely Top 3. He had it all - speed, power, intelligence in defensive, and ridiculous finishing ability. Biggest mistake was leaving his spiritual home to pull on that vile blue and white rag.

Good time for him to call it quits, the wing jerseys should belong to Turbo and Mansour next year onwards.

grouch

First Grade
He's done it all.

Won a comp
Won a World Cup
Part of the NSW squad when they won in 14
Won a World Club Challenge title (and was man of the match)
NRL top tryscorer in 09
135 career tries and counting

That's a "very good" career by any standard

Latest posts