What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players Contracts & KPIs

Crush

Coach
I am frustrated with players playing like world beaters when they are coming off contract then dropping form once they have secured their contracts.
Why not pay players bonuses based on KPIs such as number of tries, try assists, MOM performances etc.
So for example, Lafai could get a base salary of 200k with the ability to earn up to 700k based on performance. If he plays out of his skin he could earn 600-700k. If he has an average sesson he makes 400k, if he has a shocker he gets 200k.
If a player is injured they get base salary plus 20 percent or something like that.
I am sure there are holes in this idea which people will no doubt point out but I am just sick of seeing it every year a player on fire until he signs his new contract, same goes for coaches.
There needs to be a focus on player welfare no doubt but the players also need to be accountable when they under-perform. I'd like to see them hit where it hurts, their pockets, then maybe we would see players giving 110 percent every week and not just shrugging their shoulders when they get dragged over the sideline on the first tackle or dropping the ball cold constantly.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I assumed they were paid bonuses, a salary plus a bonus for the win, a bonus if you make the finals etc. That's how it was in the old days.

I am frustrated with players playing like world beaters when they are coming off contract then dropping form once they have secured their contracts.
Why not pay players bonuses based on KPIs such as number of tries, try assists, MOM performances etc.
So for example, Lafai could get a base salary of 200k with the ability to earn up to 700k based on performance. If he plays out of his skin he could earn 600-700k. If he has an average sesson he makes 400k, if he has a shocker he gets 200k.
If a player is injured they get base salary plus 20 percent or something like that.
I am sure there are holes in this idea which people will no doubt point out but I am just sick of seeing it every year a player on fire until he signs his new contract, same goes for coaches.
There needs to be a focus on player welfare no doubt but the players also need to be accountable when they under-perform. I'd like to see them hit where it hurts, their pockets, then maybe we would see players giving 110 percent every week and not just shrugging their shoulders when they get dragged over the sideline on the first tackle or dropping the ball cold constantly.
Actually a really good idea.
Only problem arises if they all kick ass and are playing really well, we would blow the salary cap out of the water.

getsmarty

Immortal
Don't worry..the club has it sorted...2 current players got picked in the Aust team...1 won't be with us next year. LOL