What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos NRL Matches Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
That penalty around the 55th minute or so absolutely killed us. No idea what it was for, they didn't show a replay. We had all the running and then Melbourne get a 4th tackle penalty, go up the field and score.

And anyone who watches enough Melbourne games knows they regularly get bullshit penalties in their favour.

DeeJ

Bench
Bad game for us, alot of errors then Melbourne got all the penalties and they are too good at finishing us off.

3. McCullough
2. Offa
1. Hunt

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I agree that penalty was ridiculous but the Storm are just on a completely different level to us. To be fair we played very badly but I think even if we played how we have usually played this year the Storm still win comfortably. As painful as it is to say the Storm were amazing.

We sort of had the right idea to move the ball around but I think we pushed it too much and also didn't have the execution ability

I am really over Thaiday. I hope he decides to call it quits early so it will help us to retain some of our talent coming through. I doubt it will happen but if he really wants to put the Broncos first he should do it.

Ben Hunt is the ultimate rocks and diamonds. I am becoming less and less disappointed that he is leaving as he is not worth "dominate half" money. Not that we have a ready made replacement but Hunt is not the answer so we might as well move on.

We are still lacking that big forward that can really bend the line and get us on the front foot.

Bronco18

Juniors
To be fair we played very badly but I think even if we played how we have usually played this year the Storm still win comfortably. As painful as it is to say the Storm were amazing.

I am really over Thaiday. I hope he decides to call it quits early so it will help us to retain some of our talent coming through. I doubt it will happen but if he really wants to put the Broncos first he should do it.

I'm still hopeful that after Origin and our players come back from injury we'll show more fight. An adventurous attacking plan is the way for us to beat the storm, but was always going to be a long shot when due to rep commitments, injuries and personnel changes - the team as is has barely trained together. Admittedly I have this kind of optimism each year but when we get a series of injuries around Origin time, we get the predictable flogging or two.

Thaiday is looking to be a real worry, I'll agree there. I'm the past he'd respond to things like being dropped from Origin with a big game, but he was dogshite in this game. A trip to the glue factory isn't far off.

hellteam

First Grade
I'm still hopeful that after Origin and our players come back from injury we'll show more fight. An adventurous attacking plan is the way for us to beat the storm, but was always going to be a long shot when due to rep commitments, injuries and personnel changes - the team as is has barely trained together. Admittedly I have this kind of optimism each year but when we get a series of injuries around Origin time, we get the predictable flogging or two.

Thaiday is looking to be a real worry, I'll agree there. I'm the past he'd respond to things like being dropped from Origin with a big game, but he was dogshite in this game. A trip to the glue factory isn't far off.

Agreed, I'm actually pretty optimistic about this season. All you need in this comp is a solid 6 week run, and you're deep in the finals (possibly grand final).

We have injuries at the moment to probably our two most important players, Boyd and Milford. They will be back soon and they aren't leg injuries so shouldn't be too hard for them to get back in to it.

They'll be fresh for the end of season. Hunt also has missed time this year so after this Origin game has a real chance to finish off in style.

Once we get Nikorima back on the bench he will add spark.

King hit

Coach
I honestly feel we've left ourselves with to much to do and our squad is to damaged to go the whole way to the Grand Final. We will be in the finals no problem at all so we don't have to worry about that.

Nerd

Bench
Well luckily Newcastle made quite a few errors to gift us the second half. I know I'm a serial Hunt bagger and he did put a kick on for two tries but how clunky and disjointed did our attack look until Marshall came onto the field. We will make it into the eight but as long as Bennett leaves Marshall on the bench and Hunt on the field we're no chance of going very deep into the finals.

renouf

Juniors
They can probably go deep into the finals but it won't matter much if can't beat Melbourne. Halves are disjointed, has been a strange season..

Nerd

Bench
Possibly but Hunt has turned into a rocks or diamonds type of player which is not something you want in your halfback. For someone who used to be a good defender he also came up with two misses that lead to tries last night. Marshall can sometimes also be a defensive liability but he more than makes up for that with his attack especially close to the try line.

Bronco18

Juniors
Possibly but Hunt has turned into a rocks or diamonds type of player which is not something you want in your halfback. For someone who used to be a good defender he also came up with two misses that lead to tries last night. Marshall can sometimes also be a defensive liability but he more than makes up for that with his attack especially close to the try line.

Watch him look like a world beater in defence again when Gillette comes back in.

Bronco18

Juniors
Honestly though I don't know what we're gonna do with Marshall.

He's most dangerous roving away from the ruck, so simply replacing Hunt with him isn't gonna work.

Bennett will probably continue on with throwing him in at the backend of games. With any luck the competition pushes Hunt and Milford that bit more.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Possibly but Hunt has turned into a rocks or diamonds type of player which is not something you want in your halfback. For someone who used to be a good defender he also came up with two misses that lead to tries last night.

Probably because he had to defend next to Thaiday, who should have retired last year.

Nerd

Bench
I think Parra may have played their Grand Final a bit early. Just too many unforced errors and stupid penalties on our part. Our defence actually held up quite well until the last 5 minutes considering the amount of ball Parra had. I'm hoping we meet them in the semis as I doubt Parra can play that well again this year and I doubt we can play that badly. How many times did we get caught with the ball on the last tackle? Fair enough that it was run on the 5th at least once on purpose but the others were just plain poor. Hunt being the half and kicker has to take responsibility for those. I firmly believe with Hunt at half we will be lucky to make it past week 2 in the semis.

Nightward

Juniors
Well, that was embarrassing. I award them no points, and may God (and Bennett) have no mercy upon their souls this week.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
I think Parra may have played their Grand Final a bit early. Just too many unforced errors and stupid penalties on our part. Our defence actually held up quite well until the last 5 minutes considering the amount of ball Parra had. I'm hoping we meet them in the semis as I doubt Parra can play that well again this year and I doubt we can play that badly. How many times did we get caught with the ball on the last tackle? Fair enough that it was run on the 5th at least once on purpose but the others were just plain poor. Hunt being the half and kicker has to take responsibility for those. I firmly believe with Hunt at half we will be lucky to make it past week 2 in the semis.
Yeh the Broncos should have 13 Ben Hunt's. He has to do everything.
It's ok for Milford to not do anything all game. He's probably confused because the prop is trying to play five-eight.

Nerd

Bench
The only salty butthurt I see on this forum is from all the NSW fans still sooking from having their arses handed to them on a plate by QLD for yet another year.

Nerd

Bench
Yeh the Broncos should have 13 Ben Hunt's. He has to do everything.
It's ok for Milford to not do anything all game. He's probably confused because the prop is trying to play five-eight.
I don't know what it is with Hunt and Milford but whenever Hunt is at half it's like Milford goes into his shell. When Hunt was out injured I thought Milford was starting to play better each game. It's a real blow that Macca is gone for the year but hopefully Hunt goes to hooker and Milford can step it up again.

Nerd

Bench
Well as a halfback Ben Hunt makes one hell of a hooker. Still too many unforced errors and as shown last week the good teams will make you pay for it. Liked the way we kept the foot down in attack right to the end of the game.

renouf

Juniors
Hunt is quicker out of dummy half, maybe that and him not being at halfback will work out well. The pengai junior pass/roberts try was awesome to watch!