What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

This will be tough to win. Aside from our own general poor form, I can't see Manly playing as bad as Raiders. But we are at home.

Btw, I'm planning on going to the game but can't find this match on ticketek!! Sorry, can someone by any chance post a link?

Straight Shooter

OzDragon

Coach
Honestly think we'll return to some form this game.

Predicting a similar result to earlier in the season. 32-12 Dragons.

Crush

Coach
I am actually looking forward to this game. I reckon we will have a red hot crack at Manly if we can get a strong team on the park. I hope they play Mann at fullback and Dugan in the centres. Surely its time to start looking at mixing things up somewhat?
If all fit my backline would be
1. MANN
2. MACDONALD
3. AITKEN
4. DUGAN
5. NIGHTY
6. WIDDOP
7. MCCRONE

ALSGI

Bench
I am actually looking forward to this game. I reckon we will have a red hot crack at Manly if we can get a strong team on the park. I hope they play Mann at fullback and Dugan in the centres. Surely its time to start looking at mixing things up somewhat?
1. MANN
2. MACDONALD
3. AITKEN
4. DUGAN
5. NIGHTY
6. WIDDOP
7. MCCRONE
The ever optimistic Crush. Your posts are uplifting in what I think is a dark period. Yes we're in the 8, as we should be but not for long imo.

I'm also looking forward to this game now more so after an improved effort in Canberra but mainly due to Manly's very average game today at Brookvale. They certainly wouldn't have beaten the top 3 on todays effort and would have really struggled against the top 14. I think we're a shot depending on our line up - and I mean who's fit because we all know who will play in which position with Mary.

Also, the f**king mistakes last game is what lost it for us, not the 40/20 or the intercept but the dropped balls, dumb penalties and dumb decisions. Duges is entitled to a bad game every now and then, he's been our best back for years, but was costly on Friday. WTF are our coaches going to do to fix it all? Can the coaches get the same attitude and effort in for Manly? I thought Mary and Widdop's presser after the game indicated they were happy with the loss. Mary said we'd win most games if we play with the same effort ??????? FMD.

I've bagged MacDonald and credit to him for his last game, but he has been a huge dispointment and I'd love to see him play like that consistently but he doesn't deserve to be in the FG team really. Also have to acknowledge McCrone wasn't a complete waste last game, provided some solid plays as he should after 170 FG games - but why is he still in FG? Lafai is doing what exactly? Nighty....never mind.

Imo, We won't win any more games. The opposition teams have our number and will be licking their clits to play us.

Not a great time to be a supporter of the once Mighty Dragons.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Packer won't be playing I wouldn't think and Dugan, Nighty and Mann are also a possibility of being out.

You would think Friz would be back but you never know.
Packer wont be missed imo.....he has nowhere near the intensity or impact he had in the early rounds...now whether thats through lack of interest or hes carrying an injury I'm not sure..personally I would prefer to give young Host a go....I think the other 3 will play

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This will be tough to win. Aside from our own general poor form, I can't see Manly playing as bad as Raiders. But we are at home.

Btw, I'm planning on going to the game but can't find this match on ticketek!! Sorry, can someone by any chance post a link?

Straight Shooter

Mate, the dam bye was tough enough to get two points ............... what hope have we here?
Then again, I'm sure Mary will have a game plan.

RON BURGUNDY f.jpg

Packer wont be missed imo.....he has nowhere near the intensity or impact he had in the early rounds...now whether thats through lack of interest or hes carrying an injury I'm not sure..personally I would prefer to give young Host a go....I think the other 3 will play
Packer has been ordinary Ah Mau has been consistant and should be starting.

Leilua really needs to be given a go why he hasn't so far is a little beyond me he could be that x factor off the bench but no Mary continues to pick an outside back.

Sele may need some time back with Illawarra he is a bit mistake ridden but still is developing and certainly has a future.

Lawrie needs to be given another go he is part of the future and if Packer is out there is no excuse not to give him a go.

1. MANN
2. MACDONALD
3. AITKEN
4. DUGAN
5. NIGHTY
6. WIDDOP
7. MCCRONE

Nice, but you have McCrone and MacDonald in the backline.
I think that may be a MacStake.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
Just a thought, and I know I'll cop some abuse over this, but seeing nene slice em up the middle v raiders, does anyone else think he could be a fullback? He loves running in off his wing in defense anyway, so I figure he might as well just stay in there and put Mann or one of the cutters boys on RHS instead? He does have some strong carries with all in hand. Only thing to me though is that he appears to be as smart as a box of hammers..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think both Mann and Dugan will play seeing its a 9 day turnaround.
Packer and Nighty, I don't think so and I still hold fitness doubts on Aitken given the extent of his initial injury then subsequent soreness.
So I think the team will look something like:

f/b - Dugan
W - Milne and McDonald
C - Mann and Lafai
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
Lock - JDB
2nd row - Thommo and Friz
FR - Vaughan and LAM
H - McInnes

Bench:
Sims
Sele
Lawrie
Leilua/Dufty

Obviously, if Aitken plays, then Mann to Wing and Milne will play the 17. Unfortunately, we know that McGregor will not experiment now, especially given our ladder position. It's not something I agree, but we are talking about McGregor.

Crush

Coach
The ever optimistic Crush. Your posts are uplifting in what I think is a dark period. Yes we're in the 8, as we should be but not for long imo.

I'm also looking forward to this game now more so after an improved effort in Canberra but mainly due to Manly's very average game today at Brookvale. They certainly wouldn't have beaten the top 3 on todays effort and would have really struggled against the top 14. I think we're a shot depending on our line up - and I mean who's fit because we all know who will play in which position with Mary.

Also, the f**king mistakes last game is what lost it for us, not the 40/20 or the intercept but the dropped balls, dumb penalties and dumb decisions. Duges is entitled to a bad game every now and then, he's been our best back for years, but was costly on Friday. WTF are our coaches going to do to fix it all? Can the coaches get the same attitude and effort in for Manly? I thought Mary and Widdop's presser after the game indicated they were happy with the loss. Mary said we'd win most games if we play with the same effort ??????? FMD.

I've bagged MacDonald and credit to him for his last game, but he has been a huge dispointment and I'd love to see him play like that consistently but he doesn't deserve to be in the FG team really. Also have to acknowledge McCrone wasn't a complete waste last game, provided some solid plays as he should after 170 FG games - but why is he still in FG? Lafai is doing what exactly? Nighty....never mind.

Imo, We won't win any more games. The opposition teams have our number and will be licking their clits to play us.

Not a great time to be a supporter of the once Mighty Dragons.
Frustrating isn't it?
I just have a feeling that we will have a little crack at the top 8 from here on. Don't get me wrong, we won't challenge the big boys but I reckon we can beat Manly, Knights, Souths and Dogs to sneak into the top 8.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just a thought, and I know I'll cop some abuse over this, but seeing nene slice em up the middle v raiders, does anyone else think he could be a fullback? He loves running in off his wing in defense anyway, so I figure he might as well just stay in there and put Mann or one of the cutters boys on RHS instead? He does have some strong carries with all in hand. Only thing to me though is that he appears to be as smart as a box of hammers..
Not sure .......he would have to be a lot quicker with the kick returns....I'm a fan but at times he is very casual when it comes to picking up the running footballs

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Frustrating isn't it?
I just have a feeling that we will have a little crack at the top 8 from here on. Don't get me wrong, we won't challenge the big boys but I reckon we can beat Manly, Knights, Souths and Dogs to sneak into the top 8.
Me to....even though we lost against a fairly poor Raiders side we didnt have any luck go our way.....there were periods in the game when we looked like we were on our way back to our early season form

Latest posts