What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Packer has been ordinary Ah Mau has been consistant and should be starting.

Leilua really needs to be given a go why he hasn't so far is a little beyond me he could be that x factor off the bench but no Mary continues to pick an outside back.

Sele may need some time back with Illawarra he is a bit mistake ridden but still is developing and certainly has a future.

Lawrie needs to be given another go he is part of the future and if Packer is out there is no excuse not to give him a go.
Yeah Ah Mau is getting back to his 2016 form......played well last game

Crossbow

Juniors
We will beat manly.The boys showed in the game against the raiders enough to suggest we are a shandy off running into some form at the backend of the comp.That was our best performance for some time .i was disappointed at the loss to the raiders but I saw a glimmer of the boys getting back on track.Dont write the boys of yet ya gotta hang in and ride the roller coaster all the way to the top 8.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
This will be one of those games(finally)
where we are the hunters. No siege mentality or anything against us so we have to lift. It will be there is we go up a gear and aim up. Only problem is they have confidence,form and are going for top 4. But i think saints can get em'.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Strangely, if this match was scheduled at Kogarah, I'd be pretty confident of a win, however WIN Stadium doesn't inspire me with hope.

(No, it's not an anti Illawarra thing either)

Does anyone know how the two grounds compare, particularly against Manly?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
One xfactor we have is that Manly are already in form and we don't need to play them back into form. Which seems to have been the case for most of the last 10 weeks.

That might be McGregor's plan to surprise them

So McGregor's plan all along has been to have the team play poorly for 10 weeks, create a false sense of hopelessness amongst the fans, thereby fooling Manly into not turning up on the day.

Sounds like a Mary game plan.

Crush

Coach
First 10 weeks of comp were great. Second 10 weeks of comp were horrible.
Last 6 weeks of comp will be???

ALSGI

Bench
First 10 weeks of comp were great. Second 10 weeks of comp were horrible.
Last 6 weeks of comp will be???
v Manly Wollongong - loss
v Knights Newcastle - loss
v Souffs SCG - loss
v Titans Kogarah - loss
v Broncos Brisbane - loss
v Panthers Penrith - loss
v Bulldogs ANZ - loss

We were supposed to have 4 home games in the last 6 but note that the SCG and ANZ games are both OUR home games and yet we give the opposition a home game advantage in one and probably give Souffs the advantage in the second. FMD.

We are a club run by f**kwits, coached by 3 amateurs and have the slowest backline in the comp yet we fail to inject junior backs even when injuries and SOO permits.

We will finish bottom 4, have an end of year review, boot camp with Lafai and MacDonald starring, win a game in the 9's then Nighty named at FB and repeat in 2018.

v Souffs SCG - loss
v Titans Kogarah - loss
v Bulldogs ANZ - loss

We were supposed to have 4 home games in the last 6 but note that the SCG and ANZ games are both OUR home games and yet we give the opposition a home game advantage in one and probably give Souffs the advantage in the second. FMD.

We are a club run by f**kwits, coached by 3 amateurs and have the slowest backline in the comp yet we fail to inject junior backs even when injuries and SOO permits.

We will finish bottom 4, have an end of year review, boot camp with Lafai and MacDonald starring, win a game in the 9's then Nighty named at FB and repeat in 2018.

What idiot at the NRL decided that the best time for the traditional SCG clash between Souths and St George is 6pm on a Friday night.
Couldn't run a chook raffle.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What idiot at the NRL decided that the best time for the traditional SCG clash between Souths and St George is 6pm on a Friday night.

I don't understand the logic of the 6pm game either. How are they supposed to get a big crowd with that shit? People can't just quit their jobs to get to the stadium. We did just play a home game in cairns too lol..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Just a thought, and I know I'll cop some abuse over this, but seeing nene slice em up the middle v raiders, does anyone else think he could be a fullback? He loves running in off his wing in defense anyway, so I figure he might as well just stay in there and put Mann or one of the cutters boys on RHS instead? He does have some strong carries with all in hand. Only thing to me though is that he appears to be as smart as a box of hammers..

Dont think so.
Because his defence and inability to catch the ball.

hewi

Bench
v Souffs SCG - loss
v Titans Kogarah - loss
v Bulldogs ANZ - loss

I'm an optimist. I think we will win 2 more games. Which two? I have no idea however we won't make the 8 that's for sure!!!

Old Timer

Coach
Saints V Souths heritage game can only ever be played at the SCG on a Saturday with a 3pm kick off.
Anything other than that is a piss poor imitation and should be refereed to as that as well.

Dragons22

Juniors
Strangely, if this match was scheduled at Kogarah, I'd be pretty confident of a win, however WIN Stadium doesn't inspire me with hope.

(No, it's not an anti Illawarra thing either)

Does anyone know how the two grounds compare, particularly against Manly?

The Dragons (1999-) have won exactly 69 games at WIN and lost 38, this is roughly a 64% winning margin at this ground. Manly have played 6 games at WIN Stadium and have won once, the last time we met Manly at this ground was Round 4 2015, where the Dragons were victorious 12-4. Manly has won 9 games against the Dragons since the joint venture and lost 16. Manly's only win at WIN Stadium was in 2003, the Dragons lost 38-12. Another interesting fact the Dragons had there biggest comeback as joint-venture against Manly in 2005 at Kogarah, they were trailed 34-10 against Manly and won 36-34, they did this with just 23 minutes to spare!

Last edited:

Latest posts