What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Players In 2017

rabbitohs95

Bench
There's been some surprise packets in 2017.

Gotta say I was someone who thought the Aku Uate signing would be terrible but the flying Fijian has been strong for Manly and for that I tip my metaphorical hat to him

For the Bunnies it is far and away Angus Crichton. He's going to be a great player and I pray we re-sign him asap. Future Blues backrower written all over him.

Who else makes the list? Curtis Sironen (Manly), Ryan Matterson (Roosters) and Clint Gutherson (Eels) come to mind.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
not exactly gospel but going off supercoach the biggest improvers are

felise kaufusi (gained 276.6k)
Crichton (+350k)
slater (+235.4k)
harirawa (+244.1k)
sironen (+134.4k)
Elliot (+156.8k)

few more that I cant be stuffed going through the whole list

Timbo

Staff member
Gutherson has been fantastic for Parra. Ross has been really good for Newwy - but it's hard to tell with what he's juxtaposed against.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I would through Curtis Sironen, Api Koroisau and Frank Winterstein in the mix for Manly as well as Aku.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure Gutherson has "improved" all that much in the sense that he was ever ordinary. He had huge wraps and showed why in the few games he got for Manly, was bloody good in the centres last year and very handy in his role as a fill in six despite having zero kicking game. He's just not really a winger so he looked off the pace when he was out there, and he's a young bloke just starting out so there was also going to be the usual level of improvement from the debutant baseline.

If I was going to do a "that guy from my club" it'd be Nathan Brown by the length of the Parramatta River. The bloke was always talented but his discipline was absolutely atrocious and he was a huge hot-head. All of a sudden he's not only exponentially increased his output but he's a genuine leader of our pack, his discipline is so much better and he's reined in the brain explosions entirely. I was stoked when we signed him because we needed a mad merkin who cares more about promoting the footy than his own safety but I couldn't have imagined he would be this good.

POPEYE

Coach
Not sure Gutherson has "improved" all that much in the sense that he was ever ordinary. He had huge wraps and showed why in the few games he got for Manly, was bloody good in the centres last year and very handy in his role as a fill in six despite having zero kicking game. He's just not really a winger so he looked off the pace when he was out there, and he's a young bloke just starting out so there was also going to be the usual level of improvement from the debutant baseline.

If I was going to do a "that guy from my club" it'd be Nathan Brown by the length of the Parramatta River. The bloke was always talented but his discipline was absolutely atrocious and he was a huge hot-head. All of a sudden he's not only exponentially increased his output but he's a genuine leader of our pack, his discipline is so much better and he's reined in the brain explosions entirely. I was stoked when we signed him because we needed a mad merkin who cares more about promoting the footy than his own safety but I couldn't have imagined he would be this good.
He badly needs a front row partner to match his efforts, there's a great danger his use-by date will shortened otherwise

Pedge1971

First Grade
Scott Bolton from the Cows. Really stepped up with Matt Scott getting injured.

He was always good but think Paul Vaughan has gone to a new level this year.

Also agree with pretty much everyone above.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
James Gavet

For the 'bloke from my team' - Victor the Viking, barring newb Cotric the rest have gone backwards.

Latest posts