What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pommy Dan Sarginson of Gold Coast Titans pleads not guilty to assault charge.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't think you're being rude, but you're wrong ;)
English beer is around 3.5% to 4% alcohol by volume
Imported lagers (common in the UK) are 5% alcohol by volume
XXXX Gold is 3.5%

After growing up with the quality of beer like this it was quite a culture shock tasting VB, Emu, XXXX and the other pss you pass off as beer here. I soon realised why it is served so cold it freezes your taste buds!
Thank goodness micro breweries got popular a decade ago and learnt how to make proper beer!

images

Lambretta

First Grade
Fair point.I put it down to the "awfulness" of the beer.
Now I understand Teddyboy's dilemma,and the reason for the content of some of his posts.He should stick to apple cider.

Teddyboy is a Geordie - they're pretty much Scotsman with their brains kicked in
I'm not sure that beer plays to big a role - it's more a genetic madness really

:p

Lambretta

First Grade
After growing up with the quality of beer like this it was quite a culture shock tasting VB, Emu, XXXX and the other pss you pass off as beer here. I soon realised why it is served so cold it freezes your taste buds!
Thank goodness micro breweries got popular a decade ago and learnt how to make proper beer!

images

I like the fact you were drinking Theakstons as you were growing up
That's proper drink for 5 year olds

taipan

Referee
Teddyboy is a Geordie - they're pretty much Scotsman with their brains kicked in
I'm not sure that beer plays to big a role - it's more a genetic madness really

:p

Cripes.I thought he was a reject from Georgia in the Falkland Islands.

Look at it this way.If Barcelona has the likes of Manuel for amusement ,why can't Scotland have Teddyboy.Whatever Teddles is drinking,the results are disturbing.
Hoots mon.

Canard

Immortal
They certainly make some quality brews in the UK.

Carling and Tetley's to name a couple, and the well know grocery store brands all make their own lagers. Tesco's Lager is especially tasty.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cant believe they knocked down the Tetley's brewery and moved production to the soft southern shandy drinking part of England. Sacrilege! May the ghosts of a million Yorkshiremen haunt the Carlsberg execs forever! I switched to John Smiths in 2008 when Tetley's abandoned their Yorkshire home.

Latest posts