What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a knock on?

Anyway... Back to the OP. If the referees can't get the interpretation of a knock on correct (which they can't), then we should basically go to modified touch football rules.

Lose control of the ball into another player or the ball hits the ground unintentionally then its a scrum or handover depending on the tackle count.

The referees are basically calling it that way anyway. There were several examples of that kind of ruling in the games played yesterday alone.

Lambretta

First Grade
One of many questions I ask myself after every NRL game I watch nowadays. Some of the others?

What is an obstruction?

What is a blocker?

What constitutes a penalty in the play the ball?

What is a forward pass?

What is a shoulder charge?

How long can you hold a tackled player down for?

How far is 10 metres?

What constitutes a sin binable offense?

What do you need to do to be sent off?

The interpretation on everything I've asked above seems to vary widely, every game, every week?

If you drink enough beer none of this matters and Steve Roach starts to make sense

Saxon

Bench
One of many questions I ask myself after every NRL game I watch nowadays. Some of the others?

What is an obstruction?

What is a blocker?

What constitutes a penalty in the play the ball?

What is a forward pass?

What is a shoulder charge?

How long can you hold a tackled player down for?

How far is 10 metres?

What constitutes a sin binable offense?

What do you need to do to be sent off?

The interpretation on everything I've asked above seems to vary widely, every game, every week?
Are we playing Jeopardy?
If they're the answers, then in every case the question is "The Burgess Brothers".

Card Shark

Immortal
The worst interpretation of knock ons is the one where the defending team is stung with a restarted tackle count for touching a pass in the act of tackling. It's not 6 again or any advantage if the defending team did not play at it.

This really bugs me too.

Refs need to use more common sense!

Pedge1971

First Grade
The opposite of a knock off?

A pun on a knock shop (yes Buzz I am looking at you)...

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Thats the text book answer ol mate but can u put it in laymans terms for those of us in the shallow end?

Well it goes in the category of "why did the Rooster cross the road? ..........Penalty to the other side"

Either you get it or you don't

Pedge1971

First Grade
What Buzz Rothfield often does on the door of a knock shop (Stilettos) when his mate Eddie puts money in his TAB account.

Latest posts