What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

Drag Queen

Bench
Dont think so.
Because his defence and inability to catch the ball.
Interestingly he made the NRL team of the week. I thought he went well but just wish he would do it more consistently. 247 run metres. The pundits on this site stated it should have been a win for us. Oh well..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Interestingly he made the NRL team of the week. I thought he went well but just wish he would do it more consistently. 247 run metres. The pundits on this site stated it should have been a win for us. Oh well..

Agree his best game for the dragons.
Did well except rushing in and leaving his wing for the first try.
But is definitely improving.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Manly have speed to burn. We will get thrashed. Dufty and Hind deserve a go. Dufty to replace Milne and Hind to replace Sele who makes silly errors although he runs and defends well. If Packer is injured bring in Ross.

Crush

Coach
v Manly Wollongong - loss
v Knights Newcastle - loss
v Souffs SCG - loss
v Titans Kogarah - loss
v Broncos Brisbane - loss
v Panthers Penrith - loss
v Bulldogs ANZ - loss

We were supposed to have 4 home games in the last 6 but note that the SCG and ANZ games are both OUR home games and yet we give the opposition a home game advantage in one and probably give Souffs the advantage in the second. FMD.

We are a club run by f**kwits, coached by 3 amateurs and have the slowest backline in the comp yet we fail to inject junior backs even when injuries and SOO permits.

We will finish bottom 4, have an end of year review, boot camp with Lafai and MacDonald starring, win a game in the 9's then Nighty named at FB and repeat in 2018.
Lol, you sound like me a couple of weeks back. After we win against Manly you will be back on board ALSGI!

Manly have speed to burn. We will get thrashed. Dufty and Hind deserve a go. Dufty to replace Milne and Hind to replace Sele who makes silly errors although he runs and defends well. If Packer is injured bring in Ross.
If we hve any chance of beating Manly, we need to close down Korasai and limit the influence of DCE.
We will probably edge them in the forwards but that will not be enough.

With Vaughan back he will start with Ah Mau.

If Aitken is back he goes into the centres with Lafai.

You would think Frizzell maybe back to so he would start with Sims to the bench.

Dugan you would think may not play but who knows.

Milne should drop out and Mann will probably head back to the bench.

Crush

Coach
I dedicate my 3000 post to the Mighty Red V and our march to the semi finals.....barring injuries I think the boys will turn things around startng with Manly at home.....cmon fellas fire up and show us some ticker and produce some of that early season form
You're a bloody champion Blood Shot Eyes! Love the positive outlook. I'm with you. We probably need a little luck but I think we can win 4 of the last 7 and make the eight!

JDHD

Juniors
I was listening to paul kent and gordon tallis - two intellectual titans, i know, but you know what they say, a million monkeys on a million typewriters etc - talk about the Dragons and why they've gone away from their power game that was so successful earlier in the season. They said it basically comes down to the general wear and tear that comes from that style of footy. Frizzell and Duges are obviously busted, and DeBelin's shoulder has more strapping than I've ever seen. The sideways thing is coming as a result of players not wanting to exacerbate pre-existing injuries by repeatedly slamming their bodies into the opposition, and no amount of coaching is going to stop that mentality.

The overall point is this: basically, most teams have this problem, but they have enough size and strike out on the flanks, coupled with finesse and skill in the halves, that they can accomodate a busted forward pack. We simply don't have that luxury.

That being the case, Taupau and wife bashing human excrement Fonua-Blake should have an absolute field day against us.

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
I wish we could wind the clock back to Round 6, both teams were on a roll with 3 wins on the trot.
Widdop was excellent, first try sneaking past DCE in the memorable play the ball saga. A field goal later on then another sneaky try at Turbos' feet at the end.
Even McCrone set JDB up for a nice try.
Nighty was FB, Mann on the wing scored.
Aitken was also on fire with two tries.
Only glitch was Taufua scoring two tries that MacDonald and Aitken really could have done more to stop.

Anyway, Barrett will be looking forward to this one, sweet revenge and cementing into the top 4. McAnchor will rev the boys up threatening a tougher boot camp over christmas when we drop out of the 8.

Manly by 18.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Anybody expect same old same old cut and paste today oh for a couple of new boys will light up the switchboard.over to you Mary let's see you disappoint the whole forum again.

Latest posts