What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rooftop Bacardi Breezer Boys do it again......

no name

Coach
I don't think these two should have been picked in the first place, but this is such a nothing story.
The person who wrote the email needs to get a f**king life.
First off, why the f**k would you email the DT to begin with, and why the f**k would they be asking the DT why the players are allowed out?
It's f**kwits like this that keep the DT in business slinging shit on players.

nick87

Coach
The Dugan can do no wrong. He's fine
Fergo can get f**ked though.

Nothing to do with this story but i dont think either should be in line for SOO duties next year unless there is a lot of injuries.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I don't think these two should have been picked in the first place, but this is such a nothing story.
The person who wrote the email needs to get a f**king life.
First off, why the f**k would you email the DT to begin with, and why the f**k would they be asking the DT why the players are allowed out?
It's f**kwits like this that keep the DT in business slinging shit on players.

Says it all about the culture of NSW. Walters stood down players incl Holmes and Napa in 2016 from the series and set a standard. The fact these 2 pricks feel they can do it ahead of the biggest origin game in history and get away with it says a lot about them and Daley. Absolute deadshits. Lucky to be there anyway...

Zadar

Juniors
Was there a curfew? were they causing a nuisance? Was the team banned from getting on the drink?

Unless they were banned from doing so, what's the problem?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Was there a curfew? were they causing a nuisance? Was the team banned from getting on the drink?

Unless they were banned from doing so, what's the problem?

Ever hear of the little one percenters? Could not give a shit what the rules were. Origin is about desire and this shows where these 2 spastics heads were.

How would you feel being their team mate?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Josh Dugan was one of the few to have a decent crack for NSW this year and show some heart,i'll forgive this bogan for that drinking session.

Reactions: gUt
Cant believe people are defending them - you can enjoy your day out with friends but do it without alcohol. Clearly NSW need clear rules in thier team - QLD certainly do.

Both shouldnt get picked next year anyway

butchmcdick

Immortal
I'm no nsw fan but this is such a nothing story

I assuming the squad had the day off and other New South Wales players did similar things. There seems to be no suggestion of bad behaviour on the players part at the pub

Also I doubt the Qld team were drinking tea the entire time they were in camp

betcats

Referee
Disagree, just shows how poor NSW standards are. The standard set by queensland is complete and utter commitment both on and off the field. These guys just don't have it, Fergo should never of been there in the first place, neither his club form or origin form went close to justifying his selection.

There is no way two QLD players go off on their own drinking all day a few days before game 3, absolutely no way. Laurie looks really weak right now.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Disagree, just shows how poor NSW standards are. The standard set by queensland is complete and utter commitment both on and off the field. These guys just don't have it, Fergo should never of been there in the first place, neither his club form or origin form went close to justifying his selection.

There is no way two QLD players go off on their own drinking all day a few days before game 3, absolutely no way. Laurie looks really weak right now.

As a Queenslander that's bullshit

Wasn't Jt or Mal kicked out of the down under bar in Brisbane for going behind the bar a season or two ago whilst on the piss

moffla

Bench
It's a little embarrassing for them. I mean, I'm sure the drinking in itself was harmless, but I'm concerned that our camp allowed players to go out on their own rather than have some planed team bonding exercises (even if that does involve a few drinks at the pub...).

Is our camp really that fractured that you need to rush out with your best mate to have a drink. It's not a f**kin holiday.

Probably reading this into too much depth, but i'd have thought NSW staff would have something a little more strict in place.

Danish

Referee
Maybe if they hadn't have leaked 3 tries by ballsing up the most basic of defensive patterns all game this would be a nothing story. But they played like wet garbage - particularly Fergo - then it needs to be looked into.

Honestly though if people don't think an 8 hour session of boozing is going to have a negative effect on their game play they have rocks in their heads

big hit!

Bench
f**king idiots.

dugan was probably NSW best back in game 2 and 3, but this just undoes all that. i said in previous posts that Frizell, jTrob, Klemmer, Bird and Dugan were the only players that deserve to hold their heads up high after this series. well scratch dugan from that. f**king idiot. just no discipline or the ability to make the right decision. NSW have a habit of selecting these idiots. here's another post of mine from the mitchell pearce thread last thursday

NSW have a history of putting faith in guys who make wrong decisions in times of pressure. not just on the field but in life in general. greg bird, fifita, ferguson, dugan, pearce, etc. it seems to translate onto the field with either ill-discipline or poor play decisions.

many other sports use character as big determinant as to whether to select players......i reckon psych testing needs to come into rugby league too. if in NSWs position, lots of professional clubs wouldn't select them.

the players need to be made an example of.....that their behaviour is just not tolerated at all. you are professional sportsmen FFS!!! would you hear of smith, cronk and slater getting on it 5 days out from the game?

Shorty

Staff member
As a Queenslander that's bullshit

Wasn't Jt or Mal kicked out of the down under bar in Brisbane for going behind the bar a season or two ago whilst on the piss
This was during Queensland's dominance, the early 2000s Blues sides got on the grog too but NSW has had a lot of issues with winning, so an alcohol ban is something you would assume they'd enforce.

I was going to defend these guys but just learned that they apparently drank all day, that's definitely go to impact a performance.

Latest posts