What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld myth

protos

Juniors
Sick and tired of hearing how great Queensland is.
Smith, Cronk and Slater (and Inglis for the most part) all from Melbourne. Their spine.
If Melbourne had not cheated would they have been the players they are? No.
Would Qld be the same without them? No.
Qld has been (and still is) benefiting from Storm's indiscretion.
NSW have been close, but up against it for a long time.
Just putting things into perspective.

hewi

Bench
Smith, Cronk and Slater (and Inglis for the most part) all from Melbourne. Their spine.

From my perspective I couldn't care less about Qld, just wished they all played for us and I wouldn't say a thing against it. In fact I'd be cheering from the roof top every time we won. Sorry. It's a fantasy thing.

Old Timer

Coach
Sounds like sour grapes and excuse making to me.
Those players would have been great regardless of any monetary indiscretion by Melbourne.
Breaching the cap has no bearing on a players ability and for that matter are you suggesting that NSW benefited from salary cap breaches by various clubs as you know we are not squeaky clean in that area?
QLD win because they pick better teams, have far greater passion and have better coaching and playing structures.They learn from their mistakes and take pride in not repeating them.
Daley was proud that he could pick the same team for 3 games fat lot of good that did for us but straight after losing game 1 Qld re jigged their team came up with a win and then re jigged again after game 2 and won the series.

Crush

Coach
Dugan was on the piss on the Friday before the Origin from midday - 8pm with his breezer mate.
Media will make a big deal of it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dugan was on the piss on the Friday before the Origin from midday - 8pm with his breezer mate.
Media will make a big deal of it.
I watched NSW train on the Sat before the game and he and the team trained very well in really hot conditions and after I spoke to Duges my wife and I had photos with him and most of the boys and there was no signs of any hangovers to me so to speak......probably just another fake news story and someone making a big deal because we got beaten....load of rubbish

Last edited:
I watched NSW train on the Sat before the game and he and the team trained very well in really hot conditions and after I spoke to Duges my wife and I had photos with him and most of the boys and there was no signs of any hangovers to me so to speak......probably just another fake news story and someone making a big deal because we got beaten....load of rubbish

It's not a matter of if they were drunk or not, it's about a team culture.
Given the day off their first thought was to go to the pub with some mates, not hang with the team.
No matter who plays for Qld, they play as a team, giving their all for the
State, not a bunch of individuals trying to show their brilliance.
And don't get me started about Fifta having a sook about starting from the bench, a sound tactic and then being reinstated into the run on team.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's not a matter of if they were drunk or not, it's about a team culture.
Given the day off their first thought was to go to the pub with some mates, not hang with the team.
No matter who plays for Qld, they play as a team, giving their all for the
State, not a bunch of individuals trying to show their brilliance.
And don't get me started about Fifta having a sook about starting from the bench, a sound tactic and then being reinstated into the run on team.
Not all players as you put it hung with the team.....some spent time with their families, some chose to play golf , Duges and Ferguson chose to catch up with some old friends at the pub and according to the reports have a few beers.....I dont see a problem with that .....maybe the boys that played golf drank beers as well.....I think those two have been singled out because of their previous so called misdemeanor .....as for the Fafita story has Daley confirmed this happened or is it just a story by the media.....for all we know maybe Daley told Fafita that Klemmer was starting just to fire him up.....not trying to defend anyone in all of this but lets not jump to conclusions because the media are looking for stories and excuses as to why NSW were out enthused and outplayed yet again.......more the case imo that changes should have been made after we lost game two because some players didnt aim up when at 16 to 6 we had the game and the series well and truly in hand

Not all players as you put it hung with the team.....some spent time with their families, some chose to play golf , Duges and Ferguson chose to catch up with some old friends at the pub and according to the reports have a few beers.....I dont see a problem with that .....maybe the boys that played golf drank beers as well.....I think those two have been singled out because of their previous so called misdemeanor .....as for the Fafita story has Daley confirmed this happened or is it just a story by the media.....for all we know maybe Daley told Fafita that Klemmer was starting just to fire him up.....not trying to defend anyone in all of this but lets not jump to conclusions because the media are looking for stories and excuses as to why NSW were out enthused and outplayed yet again.......more the case imo that changes should have been made after we lost game two because some players didnt aim up when at 16 to 6 we had the game and the series well and truly in hand

Klemmer confirmed he was told he was starting and it got changed, he wouldn't enter into why.
You would think Ferguson and Dugan, given thier history, would be smart enough not to go to a pub for the day 5 days out from Origin.

Latest posts