What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Valheru

Coach
Man, the injuries to Gordon and Friend are cruel and come at the wrong time

Friend we can cover and if he's back in 4 weeks it may be a good thing as he'll be rested
But losing Gordon is going to hurt us - especially as Connor Watson is likely going to play dummy half and we don't have a recognised kicker

I think watson will play FB and cornish hooker with some help from the ever reliable aubo.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Love the juniors at the Roosters. They certainly aren't the transit lounge they used to be. Watson and Matterson are both absolute stars.

Still, I hate your shit club. Bring on round 3.

What do u expect from the club that produced Paul Vautin, SBW, and Janes Tedesco?

Valheru

Coach
Mixed news on the injury front after the manly game.

SST should be right for this week.

Tupou up to 6 weeks though.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I was pumped when I read the SST news.

But then brought back down to earth with Toops who's been immense for us this year.

All things considered SST is more crucial though.

I just hope Robbo shifts Manu to the wing rather than Mitchell, with Aubo to right centre.

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
We need a new approach, Manu is not cutting it in the centres and we need more strike power... I say move Keary to centres, Manu to bench (14)

1. Watson
2. Ferguson
3. Mitchell
4. Keary
5. Aubusson
6. Radley
7. Pearce

14. Manu
15. Cornish

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Keary isn't even close to being good enough defensively to play in the centres.

Maubs is a the obvious and right choice to move to the centres. Very good defensively which tightens up that side immediately and a very good hole runner.

If the halves do there job the points will come with aubo at centre.

Valheru

Coach
Keary to centres? That has to be one of the more ridiculous options I have read, he has been a great attacking weapon at 6.

Latrell has really bounced back well in the 2nd half of the season after being hooked in round 5. His attack is blistering and I see marked improvement in defence. Still work to be done but he is getting there. Manu could use time on the wing in all honesty and an easier defensive assignment. The problem is I don't think we can afford to have Latrell and Manu on the same side so either Fergo will have to go to left wing or Latrell to right centre.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So hard having to use fergo and manu at the moment with toops injured. Those 2 really don't inspire any confidence in defence at all.

Valheru

Coach
Manu named a left wing. Chambers and vunivalu will have a field day against manu/latrell.

Our pack and bench does look so much better though with friend and cordner named and SST retained.

Radley as a utility will be interesting. I hope he gets decent minutes.

morley101

Juniors
With one round to go

2017 Penalties received 117 ( rank16)
2017 Penalties against 140 ( rank 8th)
Rank 1 for Received Penalties Cowboys 173
Rank 1 for Penalties against Storm 164

Looks like we have improved our discipline but can't buy a penalty.

On Saturday I was there to see the Wyong Roos v Canterbury Intrust Super Premiership Cup Qualifying Final. After leading 16-4, the Roos had to go to extra time to get the 34-26 win.

If anyone wants to argue that Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck should be in first grade, refer them to this game. The side had fallen behind 20-16, and late in the second half had managed to get back to 26-20 in front. From the kick-off, which looked like it was going to go out on the full, JTS decided to catch it and then stepped into touch. He had time to put his foot over the touch line before going for the catch, but did the reverse, and it did not look like a stumble. The Bulldogs scored from the resulting scrum to lock the match up and force extra time. I will admit he was not responsible for the other tries conceded, but it was the poor judgement on this one play that was about all he notably did for much of the match until he scored a try in the dying seconds of extra time to blow out the margin.

He is no where near ready for first grade.

Latest posts