What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

RoosTah

Juniors
How many of those "indie games" were simulators of a footy code?

None. There's a difference between making a narrow scope artsy passion project and a sim of a sport people will dissect, criticize and over-analyze to death for not being close enough to the real thing.

These people aren't making BadLands on the iPad - they're making Rugby League on PS4/XBox0ne. It's not the same
Exactly. As I said above, all you have to do is look at the 5 studios that have tried to make Union work over the past 15 years.

Are you lot really arguing that not one studio has had any passion for the sport? At what point do you start accepting that maybe it's just not that bloody easy; that maybe it takes big bloody teams and a lot of money to hit the standards you're looking for.

Arnold

Juniors
That trailer looks the goods.

Reports are some preorders from NZ have landed I sydney today.

That's a broken street date for Mine.

callmack1

Staff member
Apparently the forwards have been well and truely fixed. Watching some gameplay and it genuinely looks awesome! The AI is great.

I'm so pumped for Thursday as that's when I'm getting it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The AI defence in be a pro is still dogshit

f**k me I'm a glutton for punishment. I should be receiving this by Thursday-Friday from Mighty Ape. I'll report back with honest (brutally if necessary) impressions. I'll take questions as well and endeavour to answer. Gameplay, rosters, stadium accuracy, anything you wanna know.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
The foresight mode looks to be the way to utilise forwards best.

Pick strength foresight pick out a weakened defender and run at him.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I actually think it looks and plays alright. Overall, hard to make a direct decision, considering the videos are mostly of people with zero ability haha.

Arnold

Juniors
Yeah I will play it differently to most. I will wait to get it in Aus can't be bothered ordering from Nz

MKCS

Juniors
Has anyone pointed out that the halves are on the wrong side? As are the second rowers.

So if I play as the Roosters and want Pearce on the right side (Which is where he plays in real life) he would come out in the number 6 jersey despite playing practically his entire career at 7.

If I play an Origin game Maloney will be on the right and Pearce on the left, Cordner will be on the right and Jackson on the left.

Why do they have to do this for? Only a few number 6's actually play on the right side, the fair majority of halfbacks actually play on the right side in the 7 jersey.

Special K

Coach
I bought it from mightyape yesterday at lunch, it turned up in Australia at 9am this morning. Playing through only 1 game so far and I can't feel much change from the last besides its not as easy to slow the play the ball down.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I bought it from mightyape yesterday at lunch, it turned up in Australia at 9am this morning. Playing through only 1 game so far and I can't feel much change from the last besides its not as easy to slow the play the ball down.

Mine arrives tomorrow.

How do you rate the game? I never really played the previous edition.